• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BlackOps Precision Enhanced Heavy Duty DBM

Re: BlackOps Precision Enhanced Heavy Duty DBM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: &#8207;Steelvenom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlackOps Tech</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was there a specific reason you positioned the magazine release inside the trigger guard? </div></div>

Yes. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was there a specific reason you positioned the magazine release inside the trigger guard? </div></div>

Really? This design is older than anyone on this site. It's bringing back old-school but in a improved faster fassion since it's a little bigger. Your finger never has to leave the inside of the guard and your hand can literally remain in position with better -steady position- with a simple swipe inside the trigger guard. I do not own this yet but it's easy to figure out why.

If I answered incorrectly Mike will surely correct me. I can't see any magazine release type design being any better than this. It seems perfect and I want one really bad.

-Sv
</div></div>

If your finger never leaves the trigger guard, shame on you. However if your finger is strong enough that you can operate the mag release without changing your hand position, good for you!

In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to operate this with your thumb. The catch is moved inside the trigger guard to reduce snagging as compared to the M5 ala' the same concept as used in the RAD and APA style.

This is bottom metal for a bolt gun, arfcom wisdom doesn't really apply. </div></div>

Well defined by both of you. I operate the release with my trigger finger (although I've seen others with this DBM use their thumb). The pressure required to drop the magazine is increased by the pre-load on the magazine, so you have to have the intent of dropping the magazine to eject it from the rifle. A simple, unintended bump will not drop the magazine.

When I design, I never put the onus on the equipment, or design around the end users unfamiliarity. The onus of responsible operation should always be on the shoulders of the end user (this is why it's called a negligent discharge). A good example of this is the location of the safety on the Garand and M14. What state of fire are these rifles in when the end user places the safety on with a round chambered?

I don't claim to know how many negligent discharges occurred with the Garand and M14 because of sympathetic responses while the finger was inside the trigger guard, but I would bet they were very low to non-existent.

In comparison and primarily, what state of fire is a bolt rifle in when the magazine is changed? In most cases, it's empty. Knowing this is on the shoulders of the end user, not the equipment....relating to the firearms trilogy, this would be covered by Mindset and Gun Handling.

The location of my release is to prevent inadvertent mag dump and to not attach the user to the DBM (the scissor type release grabs gloved trigger fingers), while maintaining proper position behind the rifle.

I have two of these and it's by far the best I've used. Incredibly well thought out and well made. I'm saving for a blackOps rifle and I'll call TacOps about using one of these in a build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVdubbin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn that is a beautiful piece of work!</div></div>

Ya, I might be needing a couple of these in the coming months.