• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blast from the Past

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Hi,

It is amazing to see how far the ELR industry has come when you start digging through boxes and find stuff that the new ELR generation has never heard/seen of.

20200703_103844.jpg

Sincerely,
    Theis

Good find.

I have a somewhat ironic and funny story about those LRB's.
    I can't remember the exact time frame, maybe 2006-8 but a friend and I had Lawton build two 375 CT's. We got our rifles, our Jamison brass, various slow powders, Federal Mag primers, and were all excited to order those same LRB's. WTFWTFWTF!!! THEY went out of business, we freaked out???!!!!! because those rifles were basically built around those solids.

Seriously we were so dismayed that we were reduced to buying Nosler 260gr bullets, heads hanging low in disgust. Well we sadly put our rifles away for about a year.....

Then Hooker Tactical started making the same projectile, or close to the same, which saved our deflated hearts, lol.
    Within a month we were hitting steel at 2000 and 2500Y. YAY!!! That was a long way off for back then.

Hi,

LOLOL yea IIRC Susan at Hooker Tactical brought Brad over from LRB to run the projectile side of Hooker Tactical.....

I got one of the first batches they ran and someone slipped another zero past the decimal point.....the tips showed up at .002 or something like that....sharp as a damn needle, lolol.

Hooker Tactical on Top
    LRB on Bottom

20200703_121636.jpg

Sincerely,
    Theis

Shortly after that time frame some guy here on the Hide had a German expert make some reeaaalllyy long and heavy 375 cal solids, for his really fast twist barrel, only to find out they tumbled and hit paper sideways, lol.
    I guess he ordered quite a few of them because he sold them as paper weights, or novelty items. They were cool looking so I bought some for friends and I.

Reactions: Geno C.
    Then there were the solid projectile ego wars/ arguments with a few smart guys who still didn't seem have their projectile designs figured out, lol.

It was good Snipershide drama back then.

Ah the good old days...

Reactions: Geno C.
    Then there were the solid projectile ego wars/ arguments with a few smart guys who still didn't seem have their projectile designs figured out, lol.

It was good Snipershide drama back then.

Ah the good old days...

As I recall there were a few companies including one from South Africa if I remember correctly that were kind of in a bit of a war of words on SH over their solids and various claims of superiority.

• Haha
    Reactions: steve123
    That looks like the same novelty bullet I was mentioning.
    A friend has a box of them from a project he was on in the service along with a gain twist TRG42 barrel for them.
    I do think he said there were stability issues.

Hi,

I only heard of 1 person putting a 375 barrel onto a TRG42 and he had the support of Sako in doing so.....lolol....

That projectile is from Lutz Moeller back in the mono wars of Lutz Moeller, GS Customs and Noel Carlsen....It was never really intended to be used in a standard 375 system..it was meant to be used in a 375BMG type system. Although Lutz did have a reamer made for the 375CT with that bullet :)

Sincerely,
    Theis

Last edited:
    Hi,

I only heard of 1 person putting a 375 barrel onto a TRG42 and he had the support of Sako in doing so.....lolol....

That projectile is from Lutz Moeller back in the mono wars of Lutz Moeller, GS Customs and Noel Carlsen....It was never really intended to be used in a standard 375 system..it was meant to be used in a 375BMG type system. Although Lutz did have a reamer made for the 375CT with that bullet :)

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Those are 338 projectiles
    Barrel is chambered in 338 lapua.
    It’s 34” and in that That fairly skinny TRG profile like a med Palma.

I think Boatright talked about those bullets a while back.

with that small tenon it think a TRG would be a suspect platform for 375 Cheytac.

It's like the person than nothing about ballistics

Hi,

That would be the furthest thing from the truth.

Lutz Moeller has outlasted shit loads of mono makers that talked crap about him and his products. He is still making projectiles and advancing monolithics where people said it could not be done.

He took on Lost River tech gurus in battle of ballistic brains and won IMO, lol.
    He took on ArrowTech PRODAS gurus in battle of ballistic brains and won IMO, lol
    Just because his stuff is not widely used/known here in the USA does not mean it doesn't get used all over other places.

Do NOT let that 1 particular projectile design fool you as to Lutz Moeller.
    1. That bullet was made for a very specific barrel in which the guy never had made/delivered.
    2. That bullet was made for a very specific muzzle brake in which 15 years ago everyone laughed when he said that but now we see muzzle break induced yaw/error being talked about by several in the industry.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Last edited:
    Hi,

That would be the furthest thing from the truth.

Lutz Moeller has outlasted shit loads of mono makers that talked crap about him and his products. He is still making projectiles and advancing monolithics where people said it could not be done.

He took on Lost River tech gurus in battle of ballistic brains and won IMO, lol.
    He took on ArrowTech PRODAS gurus in battle of ballistic brains and won IMO, lol
    Just because his stuff is not widely used/known here in the USA does not mean it doesn't get used all over other places.

Do NOT let that 1 particular projectile design fool you as to Lutz Moeller.
    1. That bullet was made for a very specific barrel in which the guy never had made/delivered.
    2. That bullet was made for a very specific muzzle brake in which 15 years ago everyone laughed when he said that but now we see muzzle break induced yaw/error being talked about by several in the industry.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    That’s the dude my buddy was working with!
    My friend was in the teams at the time and they were testing projectiles.
    Next time I go to his house I’ll take a pic of the barrel they had made for it.
    His brake design wasn’t a a radial was it?

holy moly - this whole thing sends me down memory lane.

This guy goes on an Alaskan Hunt for Grizz, caribou and Sheep (smashes them all)
    with a 300 Weatherby Mag and claims to be using Lutz Moeller 125 grain solids.
    The shot on the ram was around 350 Yards, worth a look anyhow because this guy shoots well and IMO the projectile he's using is CRUSHING these animals !