• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blemished bullets available at Midsouth

Re: Blemished bullets available at Midsouth

Those 7mm BT's would be a nice grab if they didn't have all that moly crap on them.

They ran out quick. I was able to order some 150 grain SST's I believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those 7mm BT's would be a nice grab if they didn't have all that moly crap on them. </div></div>

You can always throw them in the tumbler for a bit and the moly will come right off.

I bought a bunch of 105 amaxes last time. More than enough to wear out my barrel.

Prices on some bullets seem to be better than others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldTex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a better selection:

LINK </div></div>

Thank you sir. Got some ballistic tips on the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those 7mm BT's would be a nice grab if they didn't have all that moly crap on them. </div></div>

You can always throw them in the tumbler for a bit and the moly will come right off. </div></div>

Ah heck, gonna have to try now. Thats a darn good price. Most likely Hndy SST's, but the lady wouldnt tell me. Worst case I can plink em out of my 7x57's.

As for SPS, you have to watch as they get new stock all the time. They had 30 cal 165 AB's a couple of days ago. Hopefully they get some 7mm AB's before hunting season.

What do they mean by "blemished" and why would a "blemished" bullet be a bargain? What am I missing? After spending time and money on all aspects of reloading a precision round, then have the most important component be "blemished" seems funny. Can you call your shots with a blemished bullet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kolkio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do they mean by "blemished" and why would a "blemished" bullet be a bargain? What am I missing? After spending time and money on all aspects of reloading a precision round, then have the most important component be "blemished" seems funny. Can you call your shots with a blemished bullet? </div></div>

From Nosler: "All Nosler products are hand inspected prior to packaging. Every bullet and every piece of brass is searched for imperfections to ensure that every piece meets Nosler's strict quality standards. Products with physical imperfections and deformities are scrapped, while products with only cosmetic blemishes are labeled as "2nds"."

Also, the link I posted above sells 'over-runs' - bullets that have no blemishes at all. They aren't quite as cheap as the blemished bullets but they are cheaper than from any other source I've found.

Even if the blemished bullets aren't as good as premium bullets (and I've never been able to prove they aren't), they beat the hell out of any bargain bullets I've ever bought. Would I use them for my most critical shooting? Probably not just to be safe, but I'd use them for most anything else.