• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report BlkOut 220s Subs at Distance

fockell

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2009
SC, Kansas
Today I got to try my hand at running my blackout with subs out at distance and was quite impressed and at least suprised with the results. The fact that the time of flight was so long it was pretty cool and you could see the bullet in flight with my buddie's Zeiss Spotter. I was able to keep them on a full size IPSC at 515 yards once I figured it out my hold. About a 10 mph full value wind didn't have near the effect I would have predicted.
Overall pretty neat and certainly doable!
Brandon

Re: BlkOut 220s Subs at Distance

Sounds like a ball. This is actually what I am most looking forward to once mine is setup. I have everything, just waiting on stamps.

Mine is a Noveske 8.2" 7 twist upper. Plan to mount my NF 2.5-10 on it at least for a bit. Want to see how far I can hit with 220 subs as well as the 110 grain supersonic stuff for hunting.

What is your setup? Ammo?

Currently running a Leu. 1.5-5 with the SPR Reticle, it has mil holds out to 15 mils. So it works pretty well, but a NF would be a nice fit too

10" Noveske with 8" twist with F1 Suppr.
LC Brass
1680 powder- 11.3g with 220smk.

No videos, it's not that outrageous . You are talking 3.5moa wide target and nearly 5moa tall.
Just go out and try it, you can do it.

I was limited to just over 700 yards with the ST10, 127 moa correction if I recall correctly. 25% hit rate on a steel ISPC size torso. Fun novelty.

300 yards using an eotech a few weeks back. flight time is crazy. i thought i had missed and then finally heard the steel ring

i have ran subsonic to 338 yds and the supersonic to 600, ton of fun, that the furthest I scored hits with each loads so far out of an AR 16" barrel.