• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Blocked profiles

mtang45

Tangbladicus Maximus
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 14, 2006
    Kansas City, Missouri
    What's with the sudden rash of people selling in this forum with blocked profiles? If I'm at all interested I always check location (if included) and feedback. I've run into 8 or 9 people in the last two weeks with profiles restricted. This is a new issue and I'm not buying if I can't see your feedback.

I’ve blocked mine to make it inaccessible to scammers otherwise wanting to see if I’d be a good candidate for an account taken over.

If Im selling something and a member reaches out to me wanting to see my feedback before buying I’d unblock it temporarily then block once he’s good with what he sees.

What's with the sudden rash of people selling in this forum with blocked profiles? If I'm at all interested I always check location (if included) and feedback. I've run into 8 or 9 people in the last two weeks with profiles restricted. This is a new issue and I'm not buying if I can't see your feedback.

You can still see their feedback...use @nn8734 as an example...click his username then click add feedback. Then when that page loads at the top click addfeedback again and it will take you to their feedback page

I’ve blocked mine to make it inaccessible to scammers otherwise wanting to see if I’d be a good candidate for an account taken over.

If Im selling something and a member reaches out to me wanting to see my feedback before buying I’d unblock it temporarily then block once he’s good with what he sees.
    Just curious, what part of your profile would deem you a good candidate, or not?

Reactions: SniperBro
    Just curious, what part of your profile would deem you a good candidate, or not?
    The substantive feedback and associated score comes to mind, which i thought was not viewable if you blocked your profile.

The substantive feedback and associated score comes to mind, which i thought was not viewable if you blocked your profile.
    I'm curious how a scammer might use that info? Not doubting you, just wondering what angle that would give a scammer?

I'm curious how a scammer might use that info? Not doubting you, just wondering what angle that would give a scammer?
    if a scammer, who is looking to hack a legit profile, took over mine and started listing shit in PX at reasonable/realistic prices, many wouldnt think twice about sending funds to someone with over 100 pos feedbacks, zero Ns/Ns compared someone else with minimal feedback/tenure. All other things equal, an account like mine makes for a more attractive target IMO (Ive enabled two-factor authentication as a defense against this problem).

Its how I look at it, anyway. But who knows; I’ve been wrong before, lol.

Reactions: mtang45
    If their profile is blocked, can you tell how long they have been a member? I generally look at how long they have been a member, along with feedback. If they have been on the hide for 3-4 years but no feedback, I’ll generally still try to work with them

I like it when sellers add where they live in their profiles. Like to buy local to me

If their profile is blocked, can you tell how long they have been a member? I generally look at how long they have been a member, along with feedback. If they have been on the hide for 3-4 years but no feedback, I’ll generally still try to work with them
    Yes, if they have it filled in/displayed. Use nn8734 again as an example. His is blocked and I see he's in Las Vegas, NV.