• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bloomberg just got slapped down like he bitch he is!

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado
Judge Halts New York City Soda Ban

A state judge on Monday stopped Mayor Michael Bloomberg's administration from banning New York City restaurants and other venues from selling large sugary drinks, a major defeat for the mayor who has made public-health initiatives a cornerstone of his tenure at City Hall.

The city is "enjoined and permanently restrained from implementing or enforcing the new regulations," New York Supreme Court Judge Milton Tingling decided Monday.

The regulations are "fraught with arbitrary and capricious consequences," the judge wrote. "The simple reading of the rule leads to the earlier acknowledged uneven enforcement even within a particular city block, much less the city as a whole….the loopholes in this rule effectively defeat the state purpose of the rule."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323826704578354543929974394.html

mtl9af.jpg

Last edited:
Bloom-jerk is running amok. Glad to see this happening. I hope that all the mayors that have his backing start to see the sinking ship Bloom-turd is on. What a douchenozzle.

I just like my 60 oz jugs of Coca-Cola and orange mocha frappucinos when I go to Manhattan...

High-Binder, I agree and understand. My point of that post though, was to remind people not so much as them who posted, but those who would follow up. Simply because, so many have 'forgotten' lately, and these things are really being clamped down upon.... so again, I was trying to help.

Simply because, in this thread, it is inevitable for certain individuals to 'let go' and then we're dealing with more shit. It's up to us to police ourselves, right? Can anyone be pro-active?

judge halts new york city soda ban

a state judge on monday stopped mayor michael bloomberg's administration from banning new york city restaurants and other venues from selling large sugary drinks, a major defeat for the mayor who has made public-health initiatives a cornerstone of his tenure at city hall.

The city is "enjoined and permanently restrained from implementing or enforcing the new regulations," new york supreme court judge milton tingling decided monday.

The regulations are "fraught with arbitrary and capricious consequences," the judge wrote. "the simple reading of the rule leads to the earlier acknowledged uneven enforcement even within a particular city block, much less the city as a whole….the loopholes in this rule effectively defeat the state purpose of the rule."

http://online.wsj.com/article/sb10001424127887323826704578354543929974394.html

mtl9af.jpg

lololololz

Actually not drinking the large drinks would be a positive step...its just that forcing people is bullshit. Re: the political hting, It seems somewhat ambiguous...I should think that stuff on the state level may be all right, just not the national. The main thing is common sense. Now I think Ill go have a 60 oz. BBerg slurppy.

"Infringing upon personal liberties....", so says the high court...

Maybe there is hope for this country yet....

Watching Bloomberg get pimp slapped has made my day a whole lot better.

Talking with a former LE buddy today about my anger at the Stop-n-Frisk. I see its uses but as a law abiding citizen, I would be PISSED if it happened to me.

His response: "Well if you weren't walking about the street with a big gulp, you wouldn't have been stopped" =P

NYC and its law makers have taken a walk off the deep end and I for one am happy about the outcome of this case so far.

Guess you couldn't just fill it with the desired amount?

Sure you can, but they are still going to charge you for the full cup. I agree that people like bloomburg need a good bitch slapping but then so do the soft drink company's. By making you buy that much soda that most can't drink all of their just forcing you to waste what you can't drink. Big corporations are way out of control. They can't increase their profits anymore without cheating you in the process.

I don't think the drinks thing was serious... I think it was an 18 month, very well-choreographed, carefully-orchestrated and well-planned distraction. While people are arguing over the civil liberties of a Big Gulp... what's going on behind door number 2? Nothing to see here but sugary drinks. Move along.

And whoever above had the idea of re-branding a 60-ounce Mountain Dew as a "Bloomberg..." Genius, sir. Pure genius!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Sure you can, but they are still going to charge you for the full cup. I agree that people like bloomburg need a good bitch slapping but then so do the soft drink company's. By making you buy that much soda that most can't drink all of their just forcing you to waste what you can't drink. Big corporations are way out of control. They can't increase their profits anymore without cheating you in the process.

I don't think big corporations are the problem, 7-11 sells all sizes for .79 in my area and a large at McDonald's is a buck, it's the out of control government deciding what's best for you and I.

I don't think big corporations are the problem, 7-11 sells all sizes for .79 in my area and a large at McDonald's is a buck, it's the out of control government deciding what's best for you and I.

I understand what your talking about but when a company forces you to buy more (by more than 50%) than most can drink then they also have a serious problem. I've seen the size of those cups, their freaking bigger n shit. On the other hand there ain't much for 7 11 down here anymore so maybe they have smaller cups.

I understand what your talking about but when a company forces you to buy more (by more than 50%) than most can drink then they also have a serious problem. I've seen the size of those cups, their freaking bigger n shit. On the other hand there ain't much for 7 11 down here anymore so maybe they have smaller cups.

Just don't play into their game...don't buy it at all, and tell the manager why. Hurt em where they live...the checkbook.

You guys are both right. We have the choice to not buy anything or fill the cup half way. It's when the nanny state shows up and removes the choice to buy for our own good that problem arises. And it isn't just about large sugary drinks.

Interesting reuse of a tactic. 10 is enough for anybody, no, make that 7. Sounds familiar... as if this is the line of reasoning this guy uses for everything.

Interesting thoughts. If I go into a gas station with the intent of buying any food items I am already knowing that I will be buying some of the most heinous and life shortening food/drink available. It is a gas station. I am not even sure banning large cups of soda would improve overall citizen health NY or anywhere one bit. Soda isn't the only thing that makes asses fat. But if people want to wash down their potato chips and microwave burrito down with a 60oz Mt. Dew, then let them. They will be the ones having feet amputated as a complication of their most assuredly acquired Type II diabetes.

Humans are the only creatures on the planet that feel the need add shit to their water. Just saying we should probably promote water... and fuck bottled water, dumbest thing ever! PAY for water? What, that thing you get in the tap for free and is honestly clean as long as you're in the US.

Bottom line is: No one is going to promote tap water because there is no money in tap water. There is money in useless filters and plastic bottles... and sugar. Sorry if this is off topic, just my take on this whole nonsense, and I dont even care what you drink.

Humans are the only creatures on the planet that feel the need add shit to their water. Just saying we should probably promote water... and fuck bottled water, dumbest thing ever! PAY for water? What, that thing you get in the tap for free and is honestly clean as long as you're in the US.

Bottom line is: No one is going to promote tap water because there is no money in tap water. There is money in useless filters and plastic bottles... and sugar. Sorry if this is off topic, just my take on this whole nonsense, and I dont even care what you drink.

There's a 1000% markup in bottled water. This is another "for every sucker born there's two (or ten) to take him" thing.

IAW the rules of the board maybe saying, " The Honorable and fine Mayor Bloomberg recieved a ruling today that will "wipe-out" his large soda ban". He is a fine and respected member of our
Govt. would be better. Remember, If you don't love him, give him lots of respect. You can't be too careful, don't want to get banned for saying something bad about an elected member/ or any other member of our Gov., just because he has done almost everything he can do to take away your 2ndA rights. Treat him like gold.