• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Blue Printing Receiver

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
Aquila Arms offers this service for Marlin 917's for $200. Either way I am also having them bed the action ($55). My question is..Is $200 worth it for this service, and is the price worth paying for the increase in accuracy? (I target shoot at 100 yards)

This is what they do...

The factory receiver is disassembled and completely trued. The receiver face is machined true to the bolt bore and threaded for the barrel. The end of the barrel, which is made to be pressed and pined in the receiver, is cut off, threaded and rechambered so that is screws back into the trued receiver. The chamber is cut with a match 17HMR reamer from Pacific Tool and Gauge. Now the barrel and bolt are in perfect alignment with the barrel bore.

Re: Blue Printing Receiver

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmallBoreSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aquila Arms offers this service for Marlin 917's for $200. Either way I am also having them bed the action ($55). My question is..Is $200 worth it for this service, and is the price worth paying for the increase in accuracy? (I target shoot at 100 yards) </div></div>

Depends... How well can you drive it now? Meaning, Is the gun limiting your ability now?

You may be better off spending $200 on ammo to become a better 'driver'. Personally, I wouldn't mess with truing the action unless your also upgrading with a custom barrel.