• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Blueprinting Remington 700 cost

BBVDD

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2019
Collierville, TN
Talked to a couple of places here in Memphis and one was $275 and the other was $180

275 sounds ridiculous.
Not sure about the $180

How much do they normally run?

Thanks

Look on LRI's website as I'm pretty sure they break it down based on several levels.
Very comprehensive work compared to some that just run taps and pilot centered cutters.

+1 for LRI.

They build all my rifles and my R700 is one of my most accurate rifles.

I don’t look for the cheapest option, I look for the best, and LRI is the best of the best. Chad and Eric are wizards.

Blueprinting means many different things. What exactly they’re doing matters. $275 could be the steal of a lifetime. You could spend $500 pretty easily if you pick every menu option at a lot of places.

LRI.

20200905_161724.jpg

@BBVDD - you will be happy.

My sample size of 3 barreled actions shoot factory match ammo 0.5” groups at 100. 5 shots.
not bedded. One in bare stock, 2 in bedding blocks.

I would like to see what they can do with a good handloader And shooter (im mediocre at best).

Looking forward to your update in a couple weeks.

Thanks. I’m sure I will be but my son (he’s 14) is getting this rifle and he hasn’t hardly put it down since we got them y-day.
I have another thread in bolt action rifles. We found 3 at Walmart for $199 each. Bought a .243, .308, 7mm mag.
I’m turning his into a 6.5 cm. LRI will be doing the tier 2 blue print and timing the bolt (it’s an RR serial number which I had no idea about them until talking with Eric).
min going to ceracoat the action when it gets back and barrel it with a 20” barrel. Have a Trigger tech on the way as well.

Depending on the type of rifle being built and your intended use for that rifle some truing options you pay for will not necessarily show you any improvement. Getting all the bells and whistles on a factory action might also be a waste of money when you compare it to some full custom actions. There are many opinions on action truing but most of your accuracy is going to come from a good custom barrel with a properly cut chamber no matter what you have done to the receiver.

Reactions: Rubicon Precision
I have been on gun forums since before the www had the first gun list. Way back in the usenet days on 1992.

Gun advice on the internet is as bad as any other advice. You don't need a $50k bass boat to catch bass. You don't need a trued action to get an aggregate of 0.5" (5) shot groups at 100 yards on windless days. Yet the internet advice would lead to benchrest gunsmithing and reloading techniques for everyone.

I have not trued an action since 2002. I give rifles a new barrel, new stock, new trigger, new scope, new scope bases, new rings, glass bed or 20 degree V block, new bipod, new recoil pad, new rear bag, new cheek rest, new recoil lug, home made pillars etc.

Here is a picture of a 20 degree V block and pillars I made.

Attachments

• I made a V block and I made two pillars for Sav 12 9-17-2017.jpg
    I made a V block and I made two pillars for Sav 12 9-17-2017.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Hateca