• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Blueprinting virgin action

Yustax

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2011
Houston-Texas
I am in the processs of acquiring parts for a rifle build and I have a question about a virgin action that I bought.

Do they need to be blueprinted before installing it's first barrel? It's unused and unfired, so I am unsure if it needs to blueprinted

Thanks.

I am in the processs of acquiring parts for a rifle build and I have a question about a virgin action that I bought.

Do they need to be blueprinted before installing it's first barrel? It's unused and unfired, so I am unsure if it needs to blueprinted

Thanks.
Hello Sir, I believe it depends on the rifle parts aquired, rifle barrel, stock inlet to correctly fit and line up etc. In my opinion which is not professional by any means I would have the action Blueprinted if Its a Remington action. If so I would recommend sending the action to Tac Ops Inc. Mike R and his team are amazing people, very sociable and professional. Treated myself and many others very well! He is one of the members on the forums here. I would give him a call too get accurate pricing on blueprinting and accurizing an action.

Factory Remington, short action
Just making sure. Didn't want you to blueprint an aftermarket action.

I would look at calling @LongRifles Inc. Another good idea is checking out this page.

I also know Chad has posted a pdf before about what they do and why they do it. Can't find it. Have them send it to you.