• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bluetooth headphones

kswaterfowl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Kansas
Any recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for working out. Prefer the earbud type, but not sure what brand.

I have used and enjoyed “beat headphones ? by Sony” maximum performance and it’s easy to use.

Ive used jaybirds for a while. They are pretty good but I have been lucky and get them when best buy puts them on clearance. May look at other options for full price

I ended up buying some senso brand off Amazon for $30. I have no complaints for the price I paid for them.

I’ll second the jaybirds! I had a pair of beats and let my wife use my discount to get some jaybirds. I instantly regretted that and wished I would have gotten a pair. I eventually ended up with some jaybird and never looked back. Comfort was the key thing for me and the sound is amazing.

I bought a pair of Skullcandy Hesh headphones 3 years ago (earbuds hurt my ears when weightlifting/fall out when running) for $60. I've ran in the rain, thrown them around, etc., and still going strong, holding 10-12 hours on a charge. I've never had bose or $500 beats, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing either as far as sound quality, but I've been content.

I've been using Jaybirds for over a year, at least 4 times a week. As long as you keep them charged up they work well.

I will only ever buy Powerbeats from Beats for the gym. I have never found a better option after lifting for 7 years. Heed a warning that anything without the retainer piece that slips behind your ear can come out pretty easy if you ever pinch the wire on something while moving around. I like mine to stay put.

I've had the same set of jaybird x2 for a couple years now and use them almost every day. I would definitely buy another pair if these bite the dust.

Got my son Beats X, they lasted about a year, sent them back, they give us a new pair for 1/2 price. Not impressed. My boss gave me a pair of Klipsch almost two years ago, no problems, battery life is @12 hours, they sound awesome, better than Beats. They are pretty pricey, even more than beats but well worth it IMO. I've also had several other brands that didn't last long LG, JBL, Sony, a lot of the cheap ones only last a few weeks. I'm only talking about the earbud type. I hear several of the ear muff style are great.

I have BUDMI brand ear plug style, really like them so far, keeps a good charge and charges fast when they need to be. 50 bucks

I use the Plantronic's backbeat. Last about 6 hours, They used to be around $100 or so dollars when I first bought them, now you can find them for about $50 or so. They sound good and stays put. Has all the features as well as phone.

Any recommendations on Bluetooth headphones for working out. Prefer the earbud type, but not sure what brand.
I really like the Powerbeats. They really stay put. Are comfortable for me and charge seems last a while. Not the cheapest but they go on sale regularly.

I use Skullcandy Method. GET THEM AT BESTBUY WITH THE REPLACEMENT/INSURANCE POLICY! I have gone through 5 pairs in 2.5 years BUT I just swing by Bestbuy and pick up new ones. AND they keep extending the warranty with the new pair. I am not saying these are the greatest earbuds out there but sweat and electronics don't mix well and replacing bose/jaybirds/gucci etc gets expensive quick. ($50 Headphones + $15 Replacement Program) / Time = Cheap Tunes

As for me, I cant choose headphones that will match me for a month already...lol

Try for something with a warranty and watch tech reviews online. Tons of options out there. I used to buy the expensive stuff but I always end up breaking them, so now I just go with what's cheaper for the gym and leave my nice stuff at home.

I use the power beats 2 right now daily for work great battery life and fairly durable.

Jaybird X2 I use them while cycling, running, hiking and never had had a problem. Very clear and adjustable to fit.

Bose soundsport earbuds. Get the wireless ones that are connected to each other, not the individual ones. Awesome for lifting, running, rucking, etc. No issue with sweat or comfort.

Jabra Elite Active 65t are awesome. I went through literally 4 pairs of jaybirds (from gen 1, 2, to freedom) which kept breaking. My Jabras stay snug in ear through all my workouts.

Be aware that some of the molded ear plugs get loose or gap when pressing your face or getting a solid cheek weld and let a lot of noise in.

• Wow
Reactions: clcustom1911
Got these. I like them a lot. I sweat like crazy and these have held up well.
Screenshot_20190421-130007.png

I’ve used jaybirds for a few years. They sound good and battery life seems to be a true 8 hours.
Just recently got some Bose Sound Sports. Sound quality is excellent and they stay put in the ear really well.
I haven’t tracked battery life with them yet.

I tried two different sets of Bluetooth buds and found to be a PITA. Either unpairing or falling out. Recently got some corded refurbished Bose ear buds on EBay and really like them a lot. About $40.

Another vote for Jaybirds. I have the X3s, I think they're on to the X4s now. Spendy (I had a discount code) but really nice headphones. Had mine for about 2 years now, working out at least 6x per week, usually closer to 8 or 9x, and they have always performed flawlessly. Stay in my ears whether I'm jogging, doing sprints, powerlifts, etc. Really like the quality and the way they fit.

I've had my Jaybirds for 2 years now, I don't like the charger set up but they work great and are waterproof.