• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

bmw k75. yay or nay?

Cafe racer style? Man bun and Starbucks. Two words says it all.

Reactions: Bender
no cafe racer bullshit. idk even what that is supposed to be.....i know what the style is, just never understood wtf. i have seen some interesting things people have done with k100 and k75.

no cafe racer bullshit. idk even what that is supposed to be.....i know what the style is, just never understood wtf. i have seen some interesting things people have done with k100 and k75.

You just another rider caught in No Mans Land . To aged for the crotch rocket, but still to young for the Gold Wing .

Reactions: BCP
Is that the brick? Or the twin. I need pictures, I almost bought a BMW before I found my ZRX. You can find steals in BMW bikes. I was going to buy a mint K1100RS. Fuel injection and shaft drive? Sexy beast

Reactions: myronman3
I just did two canyons tonight with my “Standard” (wink wink) bike.

6CED88BE-2330-4DE1-B178-F835D0992FC7.jpeg
B70F317F-D089-43CA-A96D-DE8A40943EBA.jpeg

I have 2 BMWs. A 2001 F650 Dakar and a 2003 1100 S Boxer Cup Race Replica Randy Mamola signature series. Its #125 of 200 made. I got 6 other bikes from KTMs to Honda and Kaws. Mostly enduros and dirt bikes. My 2 BMWs have been the most reliable and dependable bikes that I own. My Dakar has been from Nova Scotia to California and Alaska to Key West. Its been to all of Canada as well and up to Inuvik in the Northwest territories. Id buy another BMW in a heartbeat. They have been good to me.

Hayden.

Buy a ZRX, perfect cruiser or rocket ship when you need to show a squid on his 600 what’s up. Lmao!

Reactions: Basher
your money oh hell yes my money not even if they were 1/2 off not that it's bad just not powder primers nor bullets .buy more ammo keep the dream alive .

I want a ZRX bad. Had a first gen FZ1 and LOVED it, now I need to compare them. Someday…
The Fz1 was an EXCELLENT bike, but it lacked the timeless style of the ZRX. Fz1 had more power, but nothing cam, pipe and jetting couldn’t fix. Lol mine has everything but the cam. It’s ~120ish to the wheel. Sooo much midrange from 5-8k you don’t need more rpm unless you want to show off or smoke kids. It pulls to 12k now with ludicrous howl from the full Muzzy race pipe. I did a 1-2-3 pull to redline and it was enough for me!!! Maybe I’ll make a video of it sometime lol.

I have 2 BMWs. A 2001 F650 Dakar and a 2003 1100 S Boxer Cup Race Replica Randy Mamola signature series. Its #125 of 200 made. I got 6 other bikes from KTMs to Honda and Kaws. Mostly enduros and dirt bikes. My 2 BMWs have been the most reliable and dependable bikes that I own. My Dakar has been from Nova Scotia to California and Alaska to Key West. Its been to all of Canada as well and up to Inuvik in the Northwest territories. Id buy another BMW in a heartbeat. They have been good to me.

Hayden.
Always loved the style and graphics on the Dakar. Just a cool bike. I looked at them hard after my Versys got killed by a deer.

After I healed up I bought a 17 Africa Twin, it is a really nice bike, but I am in the stage of questioning if I can make it back if I go somewhere on it. It is really a "me" problem.

Walking to the car after work my back went, NOPE and I was on the ground unable to move on an island in the parking lot. It sucked bad. That was a few years ago, had a nerve ablation done and it really helped.

Fast forward to last March, I am getting ready to hang some shelves in the garage. Wife hands me a 3' long 2x4, I turn to get it, go to turn back and I am flat on my back again. You can't move anything below your arm pits. To pick up your foot is pain that makes it just not doable.

That scarred the hell out of me. After some more treatment I am moving again, and feel "normal".....well as normal as I can be, but I am really worried about getting on the bike. What if it happens again. And yea I know it could happen if I am not and I should just do it......but......that level of pain is just a place I don't want to go again.

I really should get on it again, I love that bike. Smooth, looks great, does the gravel around the house fine as well as the crappy "farm roads" we have out here.

Here is a photo of it while I was adding the crash bars and extra lights to it. I want a good chance of seeing the crazy deer next time.

Dog is Recon, she crossed the rainbow bridge a few years ago, she was such the good girl. She just loved being a "shop dog"

1691670655611.png

Always loved the style and graphics on the Dakar. Just a cool bike. I looked at them hard after my Versys got killed by a deer.

After I healed up I bought a 17 Africa Twin, it is a really nice bike, but I am in the stage of questioning if I can make it back if I go somewhere on it. It is really a "me" problem.

Walking to the car after work my back went, NOPE and I was on the ground unable to move on an island in the parking lot. It sucked bad. That was a few years ago, had a nerve ablation done and it really helped.

Fast forward to last March, I am getting ready to hang some shelves in the garage. Wife hands me a 3' long 2x4, I turn to get it, go to turn back and I am flat on my back again. You can't move anything below your arm pits. To pick up your foot is pain that makes it just not doable.

That scarred the hell out of me. After some more treatment I am moving again, and feel "normal".....well as normal as I can be, but I am really worried about getting on the bike. What if it happens again. And yea I know it could happen if I am not and I should just do it......but......that level of pain is just a place I don't want to go again.

I really should get on it again, I love that bike. Smooth, looks great, does the gravel around the house fine as well as the crappy "farm roads" we have out here.

Here is a photo of it while I was adding the crash bars and extra lights to it. I want a good chance of seeing the crazy deer next time.

Dog is Recon, she crossed the rainbow bridge a few years ago, she was such the good girl. She just loved being a "shop dog"

View attachment 8201234
I would looooove one of these. Too many bikes.

I rode a K75 for a bit. Borrowed it from a buddy.

Smooth. Relatively quick. The one I was riding felt like the front and rear were disconnected when hitting bumps, but that may have been that particular bike rather than the norm.

Once you learn to speak BMW and learn what the bike wants for maintenance, they're pretty easy to work on.

I've got an 04 R1150RT that I traded a Ducati ST3 for. The 'old man bike' isn't fast either, but since it *is* and 'old man bike,' it flies under the radar.

M

BMWs are very nice bikes whether old or new. I've been looking at the newer small dual sport/trail bikes since theres a ton of offroad trails here in Arizona only accessible by bike or the narrow UTVs and the odds of me riding on the highway are 0% because Arizona drivers are all fucking crazy:

Reactions: Bender
That Africa Twin is gonna be my next bike. I looked hard at the BMW 800 and the Triumph but man the AT is just cool. I was always in love with the older ones and wished for years that we would get them here in the US. Only reason I haven't yet is I'm out of room and I'm not willing to give up one of the 8 that I got now. The Cagiva Gran Canyon that I got is pretty simular to the AT as well.

Hayden.

Reactions: BCP
That Africa Twin is gonna be my next bike. I looked hard at the BMW 800 and the Triumph but man the AT is just cool. I was always in love with the older ones and wished for years that we would get them here in the US. Only reason I haven't yet is I'm out of room and I'm not willing to give up one of the 8 that I got now. The Cagiva Gran Canyon that I got is pretty simular to the AT as well.

Hayden.

An old friend of mine in Cali has a 1200GS and swears by it. It's fucking huge though.

Oh MAN! The old Blue and White 1150 GS Adventure back in the day. I lusted after that thing for yrs. I wanted one to match my BCR. Still would love to have one.

You are not wrong though. Thats a big ride.

Hayden.

Attachments

• BMW-R-1150-GS-Adventure-Special-Edition-11098_1.jpg
    BMW-R-1150-GS-Adventure-Special-Edition-11098_1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 21
Oh MAN! The old Blue and White 1150 GS Adventure back in the day. I lusted after that thing for yrs. I wanted one to match my BCR. Still would love to have one.

You are not wrong though. Thats a big ride.

Hayden.
The big BMWs are much lighter on their feet than their size suggests.

Once you start moving.

At a stop or at slow speeds, they're somewhat top heavy and tippy. AMHIK

After my 1st R1150RT I had an 07 GS-Adv that I ordered from the factory without ABS. I spent too much time sailing thru the stop sign by my house as the ABS didn't brake to want it again. Lost that in the divorce.

M