• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bobro Christmas Wish List

black06

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2012
I was told the “squeaky wheel gets the grease” so here goes…

In anticipation of Leupolds Mk6 line for my Recce, I ordered a 34mm Precision Optic Mount from Andrew.

When I was able to mount my Mk6 I discovered that I would need to mount it forward to accommodate proper FOV while shooting NTCH instead of off-setting further back on the stock.

I do not have a monolithic upper so where I had it currently placed to accommodate my FOV is not optimal.

At this time, Andrew does not have an extended version of his 34mm Precision Optic Mount. I would like to solicit feedback from others on the “hide” to see how much interest there is for one.

Additionally, I forwarded the thread on Leupolds DAGR to him and asked about modifying the front scope ring to incorporate an off-set T-1 mount. From the photos provided by LowLight it appears the proposed T-1 mount partially obstructs adjusting magnification. Mounting the T-1 on the forward scope ring, would free up the battle space on the scope to allow unobstructed adjustment of magnification / windage / elevation / parallax and facilitate weapon clearing,etc.

Please vote: Interested in both an extended 34mm Precision Optic Mount AND a modified front scope ring to incorporate an off-set T-1 mount, Interested only in an extended 34mm Precision Optic Mount, Don’t care.

<span style="font-weight: bold">ETA:</span> As Unreconstructed has done, if there is anything you'd like him to consider putting on his design board please feel free to add it to this thread.

I will periodically forward this post to Andrew for his situational awareness.

Thanks for looking.

Re: Bobro Christmas Wish List

Which Mark 6 are you talking about? The 3-18x or the 1-6x?

I was looking at the 1-6 but went with the 3-18.

The off-set mount may be a trickle-down benefit for both the Mk6 and Mk8 lines.

My Bobro wish list is a lower 1/3 spacer for the Aimpoint M4.

Bobro doesn't yet offer a spacer for his Aimpoint M4 mount and the factory spacer is co-witness only.

I don't like extended scope mounts.
My scoped rifles are monolithic LMT MRP's and MWS'.
I hope Bobro offers a 35mm mount that is NOT extended forward for my use as well as one that is extended for the guys not using monolithic rails.
I am happy with the 34mm mount that Bobro makes now.

I'd like to see Bobro make extended forward mounts in both 34 and 35mm.

Bump for more feedback...