• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bobro Dual Lever Cantilevered Mount For Heavy Scopes

Fire4EffectCA

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2019
I have used both 30mm and 34mm cantilevered Bobro mounts on my rifles with scopes such as the Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 without issue. I have spoken with the Nighforce product manager and they have not found any issues with the Boro mount and their heaviest scopes, but they have noted issues with other QD mounts and their heaviest scopes. Weight is not an issue for me and I like the ability to quickly remove the scope for storage and more detailed cleaning of AR10 series rifles.

I rarely see the Bobro dual lever mount mentioned anymore. Is it just due to the weight or is there something else that has caused this mount system to fall out of favor?

cost, and the tendency for folks to stick with names they recognize.
bobro products are outstanding and i always recommend them if somebody wants a repeatable QD mount that is self-indexing, doesn't have to be adjusted, and doesn't rely on cheap cam levers that will always get loose over time, and will often cut into your rails, requiring you to keep tightening them.
btw, you can always email them with questions, and they do give discounts to LE/MIL.

huge difference.
N9bGsGC.jpg

Reactions: Fire4EffectCA
I’ve used Bobro for years, love them, they are my go to. I’ve always hated the LaRue and ADM mounts because they have to be adjusted to each rifle. Bobro is the only mount I know of that has a autoindexing feature that can go from rifle to rifle with no tool adjustment. I’ve been begging them for years to come out with a Harris bipod and/or atlas mount with their proprietary clamp, I hate readjusting the fit on my ADM QD bipod mount.

I’ve used Bobro for years, love them, they are my go to. I’ve always hated the LaRue and ADM mounts because they have to be adjusted to each rifle. Bobro is the only mount I know of that has a autoindexing feature that can go from rifle to rifle with no tool adjustment. I’ve been begging them for years to come out with a Harris bipod and/or atlas mount with their proprietary clamp, I hate readjusting the fit on my ADM QD bipod mount.
of course there are always going to be folks that dis QD mounts as unnecessary, unreliable or over priced for the amount of time you save from typical fasteners.
that might be true for most of the shooters that have money to buy a scope for every rifle, including the ones i know personally.
BUT for true operators that are tactical as fuck like me that must rely on one platform for every possible contigiency, i need primary iron sights or a red dot for dense forest work, and being able throw on a long range scope in seconds that is zeroed is pricelss when we break into a clearing or the edge of the forest.

/or if i need to move the scope back for my daughter (she's tiny). :p

Unless you are trying to be able to take it off quickly to use irons, QD is so 2010

A T torque wrench and quality rings with 1/2” nuts is the way to go.