• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boeing 737 Max at it again

1710381033519.png

Boeing Whistleblower: "If Anything Happens to Me, It's Not Suicide"​

The Boeing whistleblower who supposedly killed himself reportedly told a close family friend not to believe it if it was announced he had committed suicide.
It now turns out Barnett was telling close friends not to believe it if he supposedly committed suicide.

After family friend Jennifer asked Barnett if he was concerned for his safety, the former quality manager was emphatic.

“Aren’t you scared?” asked Jennifer. “And he said, ‘No, I ain’t scared, but if anything happens to me, it’s not suicide.'”

“I know that he did not commit suicide. There’s no way. He loved life too much. He loved his family too much. He loved his brothers too much to put them through what they’re going through right now,” she added.

According to the family friend, somebody, presumably representing Boeing, “didn’t like what he had to say” and wanted to “shut him up” without it coming back to anyone.

“That’s why they made it look like a suicide,” Jennifer said, who last saw the whistleblower in late February.

Barnett’s attorneys said they’re still prepared to go forward with the case in June.

Boeing Whistleblower: "If Anything Happens to Me, It's Not Suicide"​

The Boeing whistleblower who supposedly killed himself reportedly told a close family friend not to believe it if it was announced he had committed suicide.
It now turns out Barnett was telling close friends not to believe it if he supposedly committed suicide.

After family friend Jennifer asked Barnett if he was concerned for his safety, the former quality manager was emphatic.

“Aren’t you scared?” asked Jennifer. “And he said, ‘No, I ain’t scared, but if anything happens to me, it’s not suicide.'”

“I know that he did not commit suicide. There’s no way. He loved life too much. He loved his family too much. He loved his brothers too much to put them through what they’re going through right now,” she added.

According to the family friend, somebody, presumably representing Boeing, “didn’t like what he had to say” and wanted to “shut him up” without it coming back to anyone.

“That’s why they made it look like a suicide,” Jennifer said, who last saw the whistleblower in late February.

Barnett’s attorneys said they’re still prepared to go forward with the case in June.

Allegedly said

Allegedly killed himself

Guy was testifying in a hearing and missed the second date in an ongoing lawsiut against Boeing, kinda sus timing for a suicide
Never said it wasn’t a suicide. I just said that the girl allegedly said he said that there’s absolutely zero proof that he did.

That's a 25 year old 737NG could be any number of reasons for the panel to have broken. I don't work on NGs but that could well be a common problem that has just not been picked up before now.

The biggest issue in aviation maintenance world wide since covid has been a huge shortage of staff. Turns of that the aging work force (that everyone new about) who got redundancy payments during covid aren't interested in going back to work, and just now airlines are realizing that it take 5-10 years to get fully trained, confident, and competent workers to replace these 40year + veterans.

Airlines around the world are struggling to attract and retain staff and the worker pool isn't growing particularly quickly.
My airline has a huge issue with this and the number of defects that are slipping through the cracks are increasing every day.
For the most part the defects are relatively minor and dont impact flight safety, flight schedules and delayed flights maybe but safety isn't being compromised.

Also this beat-up on Boeing is getting ridiculous, saw an article the other day blaming the LATAM incident on paint coming off the wings....

That's a 25 year old 737NG could be any number of reasons for the panel to have broken. I don't work on NGs but that could well be a common problem that has just not been picked up before now.

The biggest issue in aviation maintenance world wide since covid has been a huge shortage of staff. Turns of that the aging work force (that everyone new about) who got redundancy payments during covid aren't interested in going back to work, and just now airlines are realizing that it take 5-10 years to get fully trained, confident, and competent workers to replace these 40year + veterans.

Airlines around the world are struggling to attract and retain staff and the worker pool isn't growing particularly quickly.
My airline has a huge issue with this and the number of defects that are slipping through the cracks are increasing every day.
For the most part the defects are relatively minor and dont impact flight safety, flight schedules and delayed flights maybe but safety isn't being compromised.

Also this beat-up on Boeing is getting ridiculous, saw an article the other day blaming the LATAM incident on paint coming off the wings....
The LATAM incident will come out that something happened in the flight deck. It was human error.

View attachment 8391180

Someone forgetting to close the fan cowls is not Boeings fault.

Airbus had to issue multiple SBs to modify the V2500 to hold the fan cowls open so that they were visible to flight crew due to them being left unlatched multiple times.
The A32xNEO (PW at least) even gives an ECAM warning if fan cowls aren't closed.
They also added a warning to show the thrust reversers are deactivated as they keep being safetied for maintenance and forgotten about.

Maintenance errors have and will always be an issue in aviation, as will pilot errors, as will cabin crew breaking everything.
Ever since that Netflix documentary about Boeing came out people now think they understand the aviation industry.
The average person knows almost nothing about aviation, regardless of how much of a spotter they are.
Even people working in the industry are usually only an expert in their one little corner and are oblivious to everything else.

Do you think Aloha 243 was Boeings fault too? Or the Gimli glider?
British Airways 5390 was BACs fault for someone installing the wrong screws when replacing the windscreen?

View attachment 8391180

Someone forgetting to close the fan cowls is not Boeings fault.

Airbus had to issue multiple SBs to modify the V2500 to hold the fan cowls open so that they were visible to flight crew due to them being left unlatched multiple times.
The A32xNEO (PW at least) even gives an ECAM warning if fan cowls aren't closed.
They also added a warning to show the thrust reversers are deactivated as they keep being safetied for maintenance and forgotten about.

Maintenance errors have and will always be an issue in aviation, as will pilot errors, as will cabin crew breaking everything.
Ever since that Netflix documentary about Boeing came out people now think they understand the aviation industry.
The average person knows almost nothing about aviation, regardless of how much of a spotter they are.
Even people working in the industry are usually only an expert in their one little corner and are oblivious to everything else.

Do you think Aloha 243 was Boeings fault too? Or the Gimli glider?
British Airways 5390 was BACs fault for someone installing the wrong screws when replacing the windscreen?
We had a NEO with an inflight engine shutdown the other day. Where the hysteria?

If people knew how much shit was broken and on MEL on an airlines fleet every day they would never get on an airplane LOL...

I've only refused an airplane twice...

Autopilot on MEL on a 4 hour flight...fuck you, it can go HOU-CRP not HOU to LGA...

Yaw damp MEL... I dont give a fuck how short the flight is, thats a no go.

Everything else I can generally get along with. I had 9 MEL's one night taking an airplane to a maintenance base. I called dispatch and said "fucking really" "yea really"... well its going to take me a bit to go through every single one to make sure we can fly with them all MEL'd... I think we left like 15 minutes late.

I ferried an airplane with a bent winglet after it got towed into another airplane(the other airplane was FAR worse). Flew just fine. Ferried an airplane unpressurized with a cracked windshield outer pain. For some reason the FA didnt want to ride in the jump seat LOL.

It’ll be nice when all this calms down. I’m tired of getting questioned by pax if the bird is safe. It’s usually some Karen type standing in the bridge waiting to board, “Excuse me, sir? Is this aircraft safe to fly?”

Maybe they were just trying to be cool like the old VW Bugs and open up the top of the engine compartment to get more cool air in there. These are 'Air Cooled' aren't they?

What's next, maybe spinners on the wheels?

Maybe they were just trying to be cool like the old VW Bugs and open up the top of the engine compartment to get more cool air in there. These are 'Air Cooled' aren't they?

What's next, maybe spinners on the wheels?
Funnily enough the engines are air cooled, using compressor bleed air to cool the combustor and turbine sections.
This air is still something like 500° but that's a lot cooler than the 1000+° found in the hot sections.

Funnily enough the engines are air cooled, using compressor bleed air to cool the combustor and turbine sections.
This air is still something like 500° but that's a lot cooler than the 1000+° found in the hot sections.

Bleed air is not used for that as far as I know...

heated wings...

oil coolers...

packs...

in the 747 you have bleed air operated leading edges as well as bleed air driven backup hydraulic pumps... 737 doesnt have that.

Maybe one or two other things, but cooling air directed to the combustion or turbine section... not as far as I know.

Bleed air is not used for that as far as I know...

heated wings...

oil coolers...

packs...

in the 747 you have bleed air operated leading edges as well as bleed air driven backup hydraulic pumps... 737 doesnt have that.

Maybe one or two other things, but cooling air directed to the combustion or turbine section... not as far as I know.
It's not bleed air the same as what is used for aircraft systems but air is bleed off the engines for use internally for things like turbine case cooling, cooling of the combuster, etc.

Even on the 787 a bleedless aircraft, HP6 (or HP8??) air is taken off for use within the engine.
On the Trent atleast, the GE will be different.

Last edited:
Air from the compressor section of the turbine creates the boundary layer of air flow in the turbine combustion area.

I prefer "it should be ok".
That gives about 20% doubt, which is a nice place to be.
My father and I always enjoyed annoying my mother, as well as setting off karens by loudly discussing the number of crack repair doubler plates round the doors on some of the old 737s.

Occasionally got some great reactions out of it.