• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos Bolt-action Kalashnikov...a must have!

Re: Bolt-action Kalashnikov...a must have!

Well, it STILL will never jam.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Adjustable duct tape. lol </div></div>

Made my day!!! LOL

What is that swirly metal thing running underneath the barrel? Sorry, not familiar with ak's.

haha.. bolt action ak... i love it... i have gotten some crazy guns from those fools.. but this one wins hands down...
looks like that silver wire conduit.. just taken apart and stretched out.. lol..

Is that rebar where the cleaning rod should be???

The rcvr does not appear to align with the bore aft the forearm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Evidence of an Al Qaeda plot to invade California.</div></div>

yeah....we suck....
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Evidence of an Al Qaeda plot to invade California. </div></div>

G-Damn that's funny! Mumbles your comedic genius is wasted on the great unwashed.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is that swirly metal thing running underneath the barrel? Sorry, not familiar with ak's. </div></div>

It looks like flexible electrical conduit.... LOL

Now that all the jokes are out of the way, I'm honestly curious about how this thing was put together.

Was it 7.62x39 or .303, .30-06, or something else? The action looks Enfield-ish to me.

That question, however, will sadly be unanswered. But as far as I can tell, the barrel looks genuine so the action might be in 7.62x39. But I am no expert or gunsmith, the barrel might be modified, too.

I'm really curious in a sick and twisted kind of way exactly how that's even possible.

The bolt and safety look like they're off an enfield. But the rest...
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is that swirly metal thing running underneath the barrel? Sorry, not familiar with ak's. </div></div>

Racing Stripes!

It confirms my rule of never buying any precision instrument from people who use their toes as a bench vice.

That said... A+ for creativity.

Cheers,

Sirhr

"Warning: If you receive an e-mail titled 'nude pictures of Nancy Pelosi' DO NOT open it. It contains nude pictures of Nancy Pelosi."

I'm officially confused and amazed.

Am I the only one that wants one? Just so you can say you have a bolt-action AK, and see how the thing works?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder if they remembered to plug the port before they shot it for the first time! </div></div>

ROFL! Now that'd be a rude awakening. Something about hot gasses, or even a gas piston in the eye...
laugh.gif

this looks like a murder weapon.. hhmm.. Also this is a single action ak ?

the only thing I see here is whoever that guy is,he's out of material,but he is not out of his mind.I wonder how long he can last with that pcs?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Metalhead0483</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really curious in a sick and twisted kind of way exactly how that's even possible.

The bolt and safety look like they're off an enfield. But the rest...
eek.gif
</div></div>

I think it looks like a Mauser action actually. The ejection/loading port are mauser shaped, the bolt shroud appears to be a 96 or similar cobbled together idea.

I think the striker is round as well, not a rectangular prism, so it seems to me to be a mish-mash of mauser pieces.

It's hard to tell from the picutre, but that would be my first guess.

Also, you can function a mauser action without any changes with a 7.62x39 round in there, my dad has one that he built for giggles. I am 99% sure that the enfield will not function without a new extractor for the small rimless case if it's a x39 round.

This is all monday morning QB'ing so who knows, I'd like to find out, just offering my thoughts on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I think it looks like a Mauser action actually. The ejection/loading port are mauser shaped, the bolt shroud appears to be a 96 or similar cobbled together idea.</div></div>

No, pretty sure it's an Enfield action (1917, not SMLE):

http://world.guns.ru/rifle/enfield_p14_fs.jpg

I wonder if this was the inspiration of the AI AX and other similar platforms ? j/k

if this was around for a while, it maybe ahead of its times. U might see some Chinese knock offs coming soon !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mumbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I think it looks like a Mauser action actually. The ejection/loading port are mauser shaped, the bolt shroud appears to be a 96 or similar cobbled together idea.</div></div>

No, pretty sure it's an Enfield action (1917, not SMLE):

http://world.guns.ru/rifle/enfield_p14_fs.jpg </div></div>

Yep, I'll retract that statement, I wasn't thinking about the 1917's, just the SMLE's.

i would like to destroy that rifle and use it for target shooting. have you ever shoot a broken gun's body before ? i never did and now i want to try it.

The bad-ass look of an AK with the accuracy of a bolt action?

It probably came out of Pakistan. Darra, in the NWFP, is famous for its gunsmiths. The guys can make anything.

That's definitely an Afghan National Police pickup truck its leaning against.

I was thinking of doing that to my AK-47. LOL

It is an Enfield P17, saftey gives it away.

wouldnt that make it an EK-17?

I bet it shoots a 2 MOA group at 10 feet.

Khyber pass?

Nahh...

Khyber FAIL.
wink.gif

Is this one of them that their 50 cal BMG bolt axtion? Iz gotz to getz me one...

Did you have a chance to look it over? Or did you find the pic on the net? If you looked it over what caliber was it? Still a X39?

Thanks for sharing.....

A pal on the german gun board posted that pic, a friend of his took the picture. As far as I know it is the original AK-47 barrel, but I don't know if it was modified for a different caliber.

But as someone said it is possible to use x39 with the Enfield action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But as someone said it is possible to use x39 with the Enfield action. </div></div>

I guess, in all fairness, the Enfield being designed to handle .303 pressures probably WOULD hold up well enough under the load of 7.62x39... (Assuming, of course, that the receiver they made to fit the two together wasn't made from a "special double-secret-squirrel" alloy of silly puddy and cream cheese, in typical Khyber fashion)

Lol...this pic made it around the world pretty quick. And I can be proud to be the second dude who posted it
laugh.gif

But now I know those are made in Pakistan. As I said earlier, an afghan policeman, whom this rifle belonged to, had this bolt action until the ISAF gave them new weapons and were trained.