• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt-action rifles in 260 Remington?

VKC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
Battle Born, U.S.A.
Does anyone know of a list of factory non-custom bolt-action rifles that come chambered in 260 Remington? Repeaters? Thanks.

Re: Bolt-action rifles in 260 Remington?

I edited my original post, what I meant to ask was for a list of factory non-custom rifles that come chambered in 260 rem. Not what rifles can be custom modified to fit 260 rem.

Thanks and sorry for confusion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remington </div></div>

+ 1

Remington makes them everyday in the model 7 line. They made a few 700 varmint rifles in 260 and a few hunting rifles. I think Savage also makes a 260 run and kimber makes them in the model 84M.

I also think you can order a 40X in 260 but to go down that road you might as well go custom. As far as HB 260 rifles customs are the best and almost the only option since there aren't that many HB 260 factory rifles out there in the rem line.

I am aware of the following models in 260 Rem:
Tikka T3
Sako 85
Kimber 84M

What are the models available in 260 Rem for other manufacturers?

I've got a Savage model 11 in 260 Rem.
They didn't make them for long and it was quite a few years ago.

My Ghost Dancer was made as a 10FP chambered in .260, and was one of the very last Savage .260's. It came off the line in 2002.

When folks say 'custom', I take it to mean they are talking about an aftermarket build.

Were I inclined as you are, I would strongly consider contacting Savage direct and asking if their custom shop can provide any of their .308 chambered rifles with barrels for .260 instead. If the answer is yes, and I think there's a good chance it might be, then you are talking about a factory produced and warranteed rifle.

Now that D/M's, Accue-Triggers and Accue-Stocks are factory items from Savage, this seems like a much more pleasant prospect.

If you go this route and have success, please keep us posted.

Greg

Thompson Center is making a couple of rifles in .260

Here's 2 of my factory remington .260's. CDLSF and XP-100R.
Guns1090.jpg

Guns1072.jpg

ScottsPictures1032.jpg

ScottsPictures1153.jpg

260XP-100RJPG.jpg

You need to contact Savage's Custom Shop. I don't know for sure but have heard that they will put about any standard caliber you want on their rifles for a cost. I am interested to know if its possible, cost, and wait time. Let us know

I talked to the custom shop 8 months ago about a 7mm-08 with a non standard twist. Their standard is 1-11 or something and I was interested in a 1-9. If I remember correctly the rifle I was quoted was basically a 10FP in 7mm-08 with a 1-9 twist. It was about 175 over normal msrp. IMO not worth it. You can buy the 308 and sell the barrel. At that point your close to the cost of a Shillen with the 175 or so you saved not letting the custom shop chamber it. That's just my .2! I have since come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a well balanced hunting/target rifle and decided to go a different way. 280 for hunting and 260 for paper and steel. 2 is better than 1 anyways!
wink.gif

Either the Accuracy International AE or AW rifle line can currently be ordered with a .260 Remington barrel, giving you a 10rd magazine capacity (besides all the other features of the AI).

Scott, out of curiosity, what is that critter you shot with the XP100, just above the deer?

You said repeaters as well, I know DPMS makes a number of uppers in 260.

mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://72.17.147.19/accintlsrt/ACCINVENTORY.htm

The main AI website, www.accuracyinternational.com, does not show all of the currently available US calibers.

There's a slight upgrade cost for one of the new calibers, but everything else about them is identical; just a different caliber to be specified at time of ordering. </div></div>

Do only the AE series come in 260rem & 6.5 Creedmore? Or can you get AW series in these calibers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mbandy13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You said repeaters as well, I know DPMS makes a number of uppers in 260.

mike </div></div>

I believe that DPMS also makes one in 6.5 Creedmore.