• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt gun help

I wouldn't touch a Christensen arms with a ten foot pole. Their QC is all over the place.

I just went through the same debate you did, and went with the Tikka. It came down between it and the CZ, and from my reading the TIkka had less of a barrel lottery, was less ammo picky, and a smoother action.

Last edited:
I wouldn't touch a Christensen arms with a ten foot pole. Their QC is all over the place.

I just went through the same debate you did, and went with the Tikka. It came down between it and the CZ, and from my reading the TIkka had less of a barrel lottery, was less ammo picky, and a smoother action.
Spent last night running through some forum posts… QC is definitely all over the place with them. They look nice though.

you thought the Tikka action was better than the CZ? The 2 I’ve fondled have been reversed, the cz varmint was nicer than the Tikka. Any plans to put the tikka in a chassis or something?

Reactions: LuvDog
Spent last night running through some forum posts… QC is definitely all over the place with them. They look nice though.

you thought the Tikka action was better than the CZ? The 2 I’ve fondled have been reversed, the cz varmint was nicer than the Tikka. Any plans to put the tikka in a chassis or something?
I wouldn't own anything they make, just my $.02. The only 457 I've handled was the AT One version, and yes I think the Tikka action is slightly smoother. Some of the other models may vary slightly like any mass-produced item I'm sure. Working on that very thing now!

The Tikka and the CZ run neck and neck and it probably depends on what batch you get a rifle from. The CZ we kept was nicer overall than the Tikka that I ended up selling