• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bolt gun optics

vatche labbad

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2023
California
Hey guys just built my first chassis rifle and I’m stuck on what optics to go with.. my budget is 3k for just the optic minus the rings and set up.. Ive been thinking between:

leupold mark5 hd
Vortex razor gen 2or 3
Or night force nx8 line or maybe the atacr

Not sure what to do.. I want something that’s super capable yet durable and something that I won’t have to worry about upgrading in the future. I want to use the rifle as a hybrid type. Rifle PRS/hunting ..

I’ll post my rifle parts so that you guys have an idea of what I’m looking to add optics for ..

Defiance ruckus tactical action 6.5CM
Proof carbon 22” barrel
Trigger tech Diamond trigger
Masterpiece arms ba comp chassis
Area 419 hellfire break

Attachments

• 1763AC08-DDE0-4A7B-842B-5218A482E20A.jpeg
    1763AC08-DDE0-4A7B-842B-5218A482E20A.jpeg
    545.3 KB · Views: 99
Cruise the PX for a good deal on a ZCO, probably could get it done for $3k or maybe a few hundred over if you can swing it. It’s worth it!!

Cruise the PX for a good deal on a ZCO, probably could get it done for $3k or maybe a few hundred over if you can swing it. It’s worth it!!
ok so im completly new to this group, PX is? parts exchange? where would I access this?? sorry for being a god damn rookie

Click on the optics tags just to view optics.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
On the forum page scroll to the bottom
624113F9-43EC-4C9E-9BA4-38B16794C9C2.png

Under post exchange see buy sell trade?

You can click that then look at optics for sale. Remember it’s a forum so do your own diligence. If you click on a username you can see their post count and feedback. If you look at their profile and go to the right you should see feedback.. and be able to see their history. Example if they’re new with only a few posts and zero feedback I’d proceed with caution. There are some zero feedback low post count sellers that are legit however, but don’t get scammed.

Reactions: BurtG and Secant
Do you know what you want as far as ffp, sfp, mil, moa and reticles?

If not, please ask so we can get you squared away.

Of those 3, and i've tried all of them, I'd pick the Razor Gen 3.

If the 10 oz of added weight is really important, I'd check out the Burris XTR Pro or Steiner T6xi.

I have no experience with ZCO but you get what you pay for.

Hey guys just built my first chassis rifle and I’m stuck on what optics to go with.. my budget is 3k for just the optic minus the rings and set up.. Ive been thinking between:

leupold mark5 hd
Vortex razor gen 2or 3
Or night force nx8 line or maybe the atacr

Not sure what to do.. I want something that’s super capable yet durable and something that I won’t have to worry about upgrading in the future. I want to use the rifle as a hybrid type. Rifle PRS/hunting ..

I’ll post my rifle parts so that you guys have an idea of what I’m looking to add optics for ..

Defiance ruckus tactical action 6.5CM
Proof carbon 22” barrel
Trigger tech Diamond trigger
Masterpiece arms ba comp chassis
Area 419 hellfire break
Dude, if you’ve got $3K for an optic budget, I’d stay the fuck away from Leupold. 😂

Get a new Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x50 or 6-36x56 with the 0.1 MRAD turrets. Stick it in a set of Seekins Precision 34mm rings and call it a day. 👍🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: K2e2vin and Ronws
G3. If too heavy, XTR Pro. I've had them all, including ZCO and TT. I kept 2 G3's and 2 Greeley XTR3 SCR2's.

Reticles are highly subjective - I don't like your choices, as I find them busy. My favorite is the SCR2 in the old XTR3 - I love that it's super thin. I didn't figure out my preferences until I realized I hated the ZCO MPCT3 reticle and the G2XR also seemed too fat. I would like to try the LRR-mil or MSR2 as well.

Reactions: YotaEer
If possible go somewhere and look through the contenders, everyones eyes are different and what makes me happy may not look as good to you.

Reactions: Modoc
I’m looking for:
First focal point
Mrad
And the tremor or Horus reticles

I’m open to hear if these are not good options
Tremor and horus reticles are very unpopular in every type of competition that involves bolt rifles for a reason. Too busy with lots of useless features.

If you want ffp and are planning to use the scope for hunting, I'd look at reticles that help draw your eye to the center at low magnification. The new zeiss s5 has daylight bright illumination. I think the ZF MRi reticle looks great as well. They're $3800 new, but you might be able to find a better price if you call around or get a used one.

Reactions: K2e2vin
Those reticles make more sense in a spotter but even then they're super busy. Especially for hunting, I'd want something simpler. With that cartridge/build, a simpler reticle with good glass will make it easier to spot your shots.

Hard pass on the Tremor & Horus reticles for me.

There's definitely some personal preference to reticles, but I think that get's overblown a little bit. I'd easily take an MPCT 1/2/3x, Mil-C, Mil-XT, EBR-7B/C/D, PR-1/2, Gen2/3XR, MR4, ZF-MRi, SCR, G3, etc over anything Tremor or Horus.

Unless it sold, there's been a 5-27 ZCO with MPCT 2 reticle in the PX with rings and tenebraex caps for $3k. No affiliation, but that's a great deal.