• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bolt handle?

wrongside

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 21, 2010
SE MICH
I am looking for some one to put a handle on a new bolt I bought. I am building a switch bbl. gun and bought a LA LH bolt for a 700. Need to find some one to put the handle on. Thanks

Nate at straightshotgunsmithing.com will tig weld your handle, has quick turn around and very reasonable pricing. He's here on the hide as 308nate.

Last edited:
I am looking for some one to put a handle on a new bolt I bought. I am building a switch bbl. gun and bought a LA LH bolt for a 700. Need to find some one to put the handle on. Thanks

We can do it here at LRI. 75.00 Timed and Tig welded to your action. Turnaround of 3-5 business days

JWP

LRI is LongRifles, Inc.

As Toby stated I can do it for you. I will however need the receiver along with the bolt/handle. I time all the bolts to the individual receiver so as to optimize the primary extraction.

Won't take me but a few minutes to knock it out. In addition to welding I also silver solder the back strap to the bolt body. This way you have adhesion across the entire foot print and a nice, neat/tidy weld right at the handle shear point.

Be glad to help.

Chad

Send it up to Chad at LRI. After chewing the fat with him at the hide cup, I would trust he with anything I have ....... Well, not my lady, but most anything else.
greg