• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt knob install question

Miked053

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2006
Dallas, TX
Hey guys,
Its time to get rid of factory bolt knob and upgrade to the badger or other similar. Was hoping to get it done locally, Dallas, TX area, but am willing to ship off for a strong recommendation. That being said, what suggestions do you guys have?
thx,
Michael

Bolt knob install question

Andrew at Atwell tactical in Richardson does a killer job for cheap. He said he's not taking new work right now, but my guess is he might squeeze it in since its a simple job.

Last edited:
As an alternative you can go with a KRG bolt lift knob for around $35. I've got one but haven't got to try it out yet seems solid though.
KRG knob.jpg

I ended up doing all my factory bolts myself, with hand tools. Works for me.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    720.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    631 KB · Views: 21
if you want something a little different than the badger like everyone else has, check out gladesarmory. They have a cool bolt knob that resembles surgeon's. I put it on my 700 and love it.

Shortactioncustoms. Good quality, fast turnaround, reasonable price. Just make sure you CLEARLY indicate the exact knob design if you deal with them.

KRG all the way. Fast install that's not permanent. Works great with no clearance issues.
20140920_180157.jpg