• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt Knob Suggestion and Pic Request

I just finished this conversion on a 5R. It's a relatively small, smooth knob and cycles nicely.

5RSTAINLESS_zpsc8aa03ac.jpg

Awesome work :)

Another fan of the KRG Bolt Lift here. The only time I like knobs is when I am using a chassis with a pistol grip. With standard stocks and prone/tactical stocks, they always seem to get in the way of my trigger finger because of the added length to the bolt handle. The KRG Bolt Lift can be removed when I make a stock switch... and knobs are a serious and literal pain in the back when slung the traditional way, muzzle up. Plus (and I am sure I am in the minority here) should you decide to sell your rifle later, you’ll have a wider audience… there have been quite a few rifles for sale here that I passed on just due to the knob.

You literally word for word described my exact feelings on the KRG Bolt lift. Admittedly I started with KRG as a matter or economics looking to upgrade at a later point. Now after seeing and trying out several options on rifles that I have seen and gotten to fondle at matches and on the practice range. I honestly can't currently see the point other than looks and cool factor.

OMG that's sweet, how did you round out the end of the stock flat Remmy handle to make that beautiful transition?

First the factory knob is removed. I then make the thread adapter using the standard 5/16x24tpi with a dowel pin and tig weld it to the handle. Then the weldment area is recontoured making the round to rectangular transition.

IMG_5872_zpsa1c9b55f.jpg

IMG_5877_zps10ebd514.jpg

Did one for my TAC338. The ptg knob it comes with looks like a drawer knob.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376089049814.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376089049814.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376088997402.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376088997402.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376089024556.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376089024556.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 20
Is threading for aftermarket bolt knobs standard? For instance, if I get a Badger installed, will I then be able to just swap on other aftermarket knobs at home?

Thanks in advance for the info.

I just finished this conversion on a 5R. It's a relatively small, smooth knob and cycles nicely.

5RSTAINLESS_zpsc8aa03ac.jpg

That is one of the best looking transitions I have seen. I know this is an old thread, but if you read this details please. One more question for anyone: which is better? Turning the existing knob, and threading it, or cutting it off, drill, and tap for threaded stud.
thanks