• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt knobs

Subxero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2012
PA
I plan on putting a new bolt knob on my rifle in a few weeks.

Not sure which route i want to go, i can just as easily go personal custom or buy like a tac ops knob ect...

This all being said, what have some of you guys done.

pics welcome

Re: Bolt knobs

R700 in 300 RUM with some work

plan on putting it in an AX in a few weeks

a lot of target shooting and maybe some hunting on occasion

I like the way Jerry at benchmark barrels does bolt knobs. They are in washington but worth it.

jeffsrifle8.jpg

jeffsrifle12.jpg

I sent my bolt to Dan Armstrong and had him put on an extended Holland handle. Not "tactical", but it is very comfortable, provides great leverage, and is tig welded on. Cost me $85 total.

My old man is quite the machinist and welder so i will get it done in house so the moon is the limit.

was thinking of even going completely custom and maybe even a little over the top

like a skull lol, i could always change it out if it got old

Contact Brad or Keith Johns at Phoenix Custom Rifles here on the Hide. This is the bolt knob they installed on my R700 5R:

Infidel_0071.jpg
Infidel_0077.jpg

Check out "the Bolt Lift" by KRG. One of my favorite mods to my 700. Made follow-ups effortless and much faster. For $28, it's worth a try to see if it works for you before the other routes.

good stuff, i guess i really need to look into styles and what i think i will like best first.

I'll add another person to the mix - Mark Gordon at Short Action Customs. I've been to Mark's shop and had a few bolt knobs done by him and his work is top notch. He also drills and taps the bolt for a hardened steel screw to address the issue of voids in the handle.

Badger is awsome, tryin a r&d precision hex head knob now, ordered a krg bolt lift for a m24 I don't want to perm modify, probably gonna hang those rubber balls you see on truck hitches on my bolt knob also

I purchased a B.O. bolt knob for like forty bucks and had my bolt handle threaded on my SPS tactical. Total cost was like $75.