• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bolt Lug Deformation - Proof SS 6ARC Barrel

Could very well be warm, but in my Hornady experience with 6.5 Grendel, 6mm Grendel, 5.56 and 9mm, all their brass gets beat up by even light loads. I've got a 223 load, 55gr around 2600fps and it still chews up the Hornady a little while any other headstamp comes out looking new.
I’ve had good experiences with the Hornady 6.5 Grendel brass since 2010. My Lapua brass comes out looking new shooting unsuppressed. I radius the edge of my ejectors and de-edge, blend and polish my extensions to make for smooth feeding. A lot of factory extensions have really sharp edges on the feed ramps.

The tumble-polished BAT extensions have been the best I’ve seen that usually don’t require much.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I’ve had good experiences with the Hornady 6.5 Grendel brass since 2010. My Lapua brass comes out looking new shooting unsuppressed. I radius the edge of my ejectors and de-edge, blend and polish my extensions to make for smooth feeding. A lot of factory extensions have really sharp edges on the feed ramps.

The tumble-polished BAT extensions have been the best I’ve seen that usually don’t require much.
Just to be clear, I've never had a problem with Hornady brass. Works fine, just gets more extractor/ejector smear than anything else I've used. This is in multiple rifles and pistols. All the rifles have had the bolts checked for sharp edges and any polishing or de-burring needed has been done.