• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater "Bomb Patrol Afghanistan"

awz1287

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2011
North Carolina
I just saw this. it looks like a good documentary series. it's on oct. 25. here's the official description:

Bomb Patrol Afghanistan
The first of its kind, G4's Bomb Patrol Afghanistan is a groundbreaking documentary series giving viewers an unprecedented first person view of one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, in one of the most dangerous places on earth. G4 embeds viewers within the U.S. Military's most elite Navy E.O.D. (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) Unit as it trains state-side prior to deployment. Once outside the... wire in war-torn Afghanistan, helmet and body mounted cameras and state-of-the-art robotics bring you a never before seen look at the intensity of war. Viewers will witness as the team searches out, disarms and destroys an array of deadly explosives with one goal: to save civilian and military lives and return home safely.

For more, check out: www.g4tv.com/bombpatrol

http://www.youtube.com/embed/oLlNDcfXkCg

Re: "Bomb Patrol Afghanistan"

I just made a thread about it this morning. I was hoping to catch it, but Directv dropped G4..

Had a chance to see it here, and thought it wasn't too bad. Since I've no experience there/doing that, I've no idea how 'accurate' it was, but it was definitely educational.

May God protect OUR troops!

I liked the first episode. I've done quite a lot of work with Navy EOD downrange and have nothing but the utmost respect for them. Great dudes, very skilled and knowledgeable.

What's interesting to me is that the show is set in Regional Command North (RC North) in Afghanistan. I've only worked in the East and South. The North just seemed very different from the towns and villages that I've seen. I'll definitely DVR this series.

Any show that you get to frag stuff is a good show....

Sounds interesting, but i'll pass. I don't care to re-live a year of route clearance that i'm trying to forget...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BFMF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds interesting, but i'll pass. I don't care to re-live a year of route clearance that i'm trying to forget... </div></div>

This. I think we only called EOD twice the entire year. The rest of the time we just took care of shit ourselves.

I was civilian eod. I was incharge of maintaince of our RMI (robot). I loved playing with the robot. That alone make me enjoy the show.

Tonights show had a part where they were having competiton with the robots and an obstical course. That was a kick in the butt. We use to do that all the time. We had a Rem 1100 shotgun on ours. We had competitions target shooting remotely.

Yeah I tell you what, these guys are the definition of BALLS OF STEEL from what I've seen of the show. I'm not mil/leo, and I just cringe every time I see a 120mm shell being dug up by hand with wires attached.

I have some training with bomb squad and hazmat since I work in the fire service...we used to go searching for undetonated firework mortar shells after 4th of July shows, and I hated going near those things (not the 2in ones,the 4/5 inch) ....i have no idea how these guys dig up shells with their hands.

For hazmat we always followed the rule of thumb (stick your arm out, close one eye, hold up your thumb, and keep walking back till your thumb covers the whole scene = safe distance). So I definitely applaud these guys for what they do.

Love seeing the Chief probe for pressure plates or mines with a poker. Certainly respect these guys.

I have enough crap rolling around in my head to not add to it by watching shows like this. 28 years in and it ended with an IED attack on my convoy (leadership took us on the wrong route, uncleared). Coupled with a well coordinated but brief mortar strike on us...I have real respect for anyone who puts themselves in harms way, more so in this fashion. My hats off to them, but I'm not going to spend another minute reliving it.