• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater Book of Eli opening 1-15-10

Re: Book of Eli opening 1-15-10

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Always liked Oldman. He plays such a good villain. I thought he was great in "The Professional" </div></div> He was good also as Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK along with doing the voice of SRGT Reznov in Call of Duty World at war. He came from a poor family and worked his way up. I can't think of too many actors who can transform so much to allow so many characters to be played so well as Oldman. Air Force One, Dracula, True Romance all are great films with strong acting from Oldman.

Great show. Cool ending. Unusual plot for Hollywood.

Very interesting movie. I enjoyed it and will likely end up watching it more than once. Has plenty to think about and I'm sure more will reveal itself upon another viewing.

A+

Saw it today. Wasn't quite what I thought it was about but it was a good movie none the less.

nice variety of firearms in the movie, not just AKs and ARs. I liked the FN FAL one of Carnegie's thugs had, and of course, the classic Browning Hipower that Carnegie used.

Eli's "old" HK45 was nice to see. They had a replica at HK's booth at SHOT Show.

Went and saw it last night. Loved it. Definitely a departure from the Hollywood movies of late, and that made it worth it in my book. Then there's the post-apocalyptic theme, which is my favorite genre of books/films/music. I'll be buying this one on blu-ray for sure, and probably going back to see it again to catch things I'm sure I missed the first time around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SAMURAIWARRIOR23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw it last night,was a little too religious for me.. </div></div>

+1

I love Denzel and Gary, but that was long a boring...

I thought this movie was awesome. Denzel is one of my favorite actors.

Not that great. I would not pay to see it again. Denzel a great actor but it a little to far fetched to think he could kill all those guys and not get a scratch. Gods intervention LOL.

We saw it yesterday afternoon, and really liked it. Character portrayals were absolutely believable. Best post apocalyptal plot I've seen so far.

Greg

I loved the movie, hollywood is going to do what they do and make fights unrealistic, but I was supprised to see the strong emphasis on the BIBLE. It may be too religious for some but we all need to remember who made us. I will definately buy the dvd!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CaliShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mila Kunis was annoying as hell! </div></div>

That is probably the most realistic part of the movie!! Aren't most chicks annoying as hell!!

Saw it last night, not bad, a little opsec would have avoided many problems...

I thought it was great. I really liked the story. I'll buy it when it comes out on dvd.