• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bootlace pistol rest

Re: Bootlace pistol rest

This is the funnest thread EVER!

Is this "shoe string method" like shooting a MP5 pistol (no stock) with a sling that is kept tight buy pushing the subgun away from the body? I have done this and it helps.....BUT using a shoestring in your mouth???

This has to be a FULL Bullshit story or a way to shoot in dire circumstances, wounded arm etc.

pistolrest.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dennisnielsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok,I just could not resist looking before I left.

I had posted his full name then edited it because I would not want like kind done to me.

He was a SS and a San Antonio SWAT member that went by the handle of "Q",
R.Q. being his initals.

I had saved a SAPD officer's life in 89 or 90 when I still lived on my commercial property and started going on ride alongs for dog watch.

Q taught me the boot lace trick and I got better shooting distant targets.

A gold shield that went by the name of "Big Bird" told me the thing about Q being in Loas and Cambodia sniping the deck of cards.

I never confirmed it with Q.... thinking if he was with some alphabet agency he sure was not going to confirm it anyway....nor did I wan't to be the idiot that would ask such.

In retrospect...I never trusted Big Bird,he set up one of my married mechanics with a hooker and got free auto repairs for years.

Anyway,check all you want,I have to go to the ranch and fix the well.
Out

OH & BTW
Even though some of you guys are assholes........

Thank you for your service.

</div></div> \

OK, Im convinced now that you mentioned "Q"
Who else to show you the bootlace trick..
q-from-james-bond.jpg

And I agree about Big Bird, i mean how do you trust a guy who dresses in bird suit everyday...
Big-bird-NEW.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dennisnielsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
He also trained most the San Antonio swat team.</div></div>

This is actually the only part about this whole thing that concerns me in even the slightest.

On a serious note...

Dennis, did HE tell you he trains the SWAT Team or did you come upon this information? Does he do it as part of a company, contract or out of the good will of his heart.

I am more than slightly concerned because it is not uncommon for someone to lie about their past/training in order to secure a contract. Many outside of the military don't take the time to verify it and "followers" around the water cooler don't have the means. Now if it's some drunk in the bar telling storied about this adventures into Laos and Cambodia, then I really don't give two shits. When you believe it and repeat it, it only makes YOU look like a fool. However if this is a LE Trainer who is making shit up, then he needs to be vetted, and when it's found that he is lying he needs to be burned at the stake.

Now regarding the bootlace technique......

It does nothing more for you than the push/pull of the support and firing hand in the isosceles and weaver.

You boldly state I should get out from behind the keyboard and shoot at 100 yards. I hate to break it to you, but I fire more rounds in one year than many police departments. We have plate racks at my home range from 100-375. With a 45acp Glock I have no problem dropping rounds into the 100 yard plate strong side only, once I get my holdover. Trijicon sights are a little coarse for that work, but it's not a big deal. The state academy's qualification course requires combat shooting at 50 yards. I have cleaned it more times than I can count. So I do know my way around a pistol. I was multiple award pistol expert when I was still in the Corps...so I have been able to shoot them for some time.

I also find it funny that you take the classic bullshit artist's exit when asked who this guys is. It would be a rather simple exercise for me to verify the veracity of his claims. <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="color: #CC0000">In fact regardless of your BS answers I may still try to get a hold of the Tactical Commander of the San Antonio Team to see if he knows anything about boot lace.</span></span>
Dennis, there are scores of guys on here who know me personally and know my background. Some have served with me. Some have shot matches with me. No one knows you. Your claims smell like the same bullshit that we have heard before and <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="color: #CC0000">you refuse to give up information that can verify them.</span></span>If it wasn't for the SWAT Team comment I would have just chalked this one up to another internet train wreck. </div></div>

Cleared my head out in the sticks and had some time to think about this all.

R.Q. being his initals and his CS being "Q" is not enough for ID'ing someone?

After all,would everyone want their name being broadcast all over the internet?

Not trying to start shit,just asking.

I came here for some info about my Lapua and found it,torque specs that even Savage would not tell for over a week.
I got it here within minutes reading someone elses thread.
Gunbroker "experts"* did not know.

I did not claim to be a vet.
I wanted to join the Marines with my cousin straight out of high school
but my dad was sick and needed me to help run the family business.

I do respect your sacrifice.

Maybe I should have asked permission before posting about the lace or have asked anyone if they ever tried it rather than suggesting it was gospel.

All I know is, it worked for me.

So,I am sorry I ever cast a shadow on your door.

I wont post anymore and just read,after all is that not the idea of the ridicule?

Mods,you can poof,delete my account.

Life is too short and my blood pressure too high.

You guys have a good one and I do thank you all for your service.

PS
Just to let you know I do more than say thank you to vets.
I have been giving away hunts to active duty military members that I dont even know.
One is a guy that takes apart IED's,him and his dad came last year for a few days and missed a big one
but took a few axis does home.
Since this is such a tough crowd about conformation and already thinks I am full of shit.... I will disclose his name, Clint Easterling.

I now am looking into the wounded warrior thing to provide a hunt to a deserving guy.

I am not trying to be a suck up by telling you this,
just hoping that the next misinformed guy that comes along does not get run off like a red headed stepchild.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dennisnielsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Cleared my head out in the sticks and had some time to think about this all.

R.Q. being his initals and his CS being "Q" is not enough for ID'ing someone? </div></div>

It's called "Chronological Order"

That post of mine was posted TWO HOURS BEFORE you decided to reveal the initials. It's not a big deal because another shooter who was paying attention forwarded me the full name.

If a followup needs to be done it's quite simple.

If you don't have a thick skin, stay off the internet and definitely don't make crazy claims and tell us all we don't know what we are talking about.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_J2JNdC9Vg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z_J2JNdC9Vg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Chuck Conners taught me to use a board with a knot hole in it to hit targets @ 60yds with a revolver.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Og2_I9Y9Kww"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Og2_I9Y9Kww" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I am thoroughly surprised at all of you for not believing this guy's story. Here at APSU we have about 35% vet population. Among them there are lots of snipers, I mean these fat guys who served in everywhere from Nam to OEF/OIF have been snipers. Their stories are the stuff of legends and their advice on shooting things like 'my 7mm mag" or "my 264" or even 'my brand new 348 Lapooouh magNUM' is top shelf. Shoot, that string thing, man, definitely top shelf stuff, but as a Marine back in my youth, the one thing we were taught to NEVER give up were our belts, and our bootlaces because they kept us in fight mode. Taking either away took away from the ability to fight well. Ah well, I think I need to meet a guy to hear about how far his 223 Winchester can shoot. He said something about making little holes at 800 yards the other day 'well under a half a mil'...

How come no one ever tells me about their dad/brother/uncle who was a army cook in 'nam?

My dad had the proud duty of locating a pilot who wasn't stoned out of his gord any time a big wig wanted to take a flyby over a FOB. He was also a general's wife's aid. I have some lovely pictures of him helping load some wicker elephants onto a DC-9 so she can smuggle them out of the country. When he returned from his tour he had the heady job of managing the movie theatre @ Hood.

I'd give you his name but, you know, opsec and all that.

Hah! My one Grandpa was a navy cook with a purple heart who raised five kids. My other Grandpa was an army paratrooper who didn't have any combat jumps but sailed the world as a Merchant Marine. My third Grandpa served in Korea, but never said a word about what he did other than to confirm he was there. He is the one I wonder about. All are passed now.

Yes that's three. Two were biological and one was Grandpa by marriage. I don't hold any one higher than the others. They all answered the call and put in their time. They all passed the desire to serve to my Father and to me.

The ratio of legitimate badass to Walter Mitty in my experience is about 1:100. The quicker they are to regale you of tales of daring deeds, the less likely they are legit.

Be proud of who you are and the job you did. Even super secret squirrel operators have to get fed, paid, trucked and have their gear issued. Sure grunts mess with support, but in the end we all know that if the support wasn't there...the job gets a hell of a lot harder.

It's great getting eggs that were meant for breakfast for dinner. The eggs seem to cook even more in the mermites and turn green, and then cold to boot. So, yes sometimes the REMFs need to be messed with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How come no one ever tells me about their dad/brother/uncle who was a army cook in 'nam?</div></div>One of my great-relatives was a cook in the Great War. I dare say he cared for more people, and suffered more hardships under fire than many of the (legitimate) Special Forces of today. He was conscripted and sent 'over there' (he didn't know where he was being sent); ordered not not come back until the war was over; and spent his time feeding desperate men who were being constantly shelled by artillery while living in trenches that had two feet of water at the bottom of them. He never talked about it, preferring tall tales of puppies and kittens. His one greedy pleasure in life was going to the tobacconist once a month, on payday, to buy a pouch of pipe tobacco. He looked forward to that day because the trip made him very happy.

I saw no Crye gear, no Eberlestock, no Nightforce, no morale patches, nor ceramic plates, nor trauma gauze among his belongings. The rumor is that after the war he had sent a small package of tin trinkets, together with a short note to a senior government official, explaining exactly where the Staff Officers could keep his service medals.

This thread is like an energizer commercial, it just keeps going, and going, and going.........

My grandfather on my mother's side was a barber in WWI. Went to visit the Paris library one day and a set of encyclopedias fell on him. He drew VA disability until age 98 from that war wound.

I'm dead serious, apart from the fact that the truth is pretty damn funny.

Worked with a guy years ago who was an ear to ear grinnin' 'Nam vet. Had nothing but happy happy memories of the whole ordeal. Said his job was chauffeuring some General around for his whole tour. Never even heard any combat, let alone see any.....

I have a LOT of handguns do you think this would be enough back up laces to bring for those long shots?

Extreme-Shoelaces-473.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Extreme-Shoelaces-473.jpg
</div></div>Real sniper laces are always 50m long because snipers need enough cord to run a baseline for passive triangulation of those looong shots.

neon-lace-1.jpg

Brought to you by the same folks who brought you the World's finest Counter Sniper scope are the latest in illuminated Tacticool boot laces. Hurry and get yours now as they are Miltary contract overruns and are the finest in the World!!!

Red Jacket Firearms has invented a shoelace that can be used to shoot 1000 yards with a .22. So far testing has been carried out at 1 and 3 yards.

It's a real game changer.

I heard that Chuck Norris can actually kill a man WITH the shoelace at 100m. He doesn't even need the pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dennisnielsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need a rest with none ava?

Remove your shoe/boot lace,wrap around the grip a few times and put the excess between your teeth.

Give some tension and you have a rock solid rest. </div></div>

I tried this and it didn't do shit.

Wrapping the string around my upper bicep and pulling tension with my teeth REALLY made that vein stand up, however.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dennisnielsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need a rest with none ava?

Remove your shoe/boot lace,wrap around the grip a few times and put the excess between your teeth.

Give some tension and you have a rock solid rest. </div></div>

Gecko45?

Trust him, it's all too real... how do I know, just watch

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NMUfkKzj3Do" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Migrane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gecko45?</div></div>

Not with out at least chihuahuas and wheelbarrows.

fu9tad.jpg

I can see the chihuahua, but I wonder where the shoestring might be wedged?

Holy shit I have never watched that pony tailed dip shit's show but that guy has got to be schizophrenic. My wife works in the mental heath field and this guy sounds like one of her clients. This show is exactly what would happen if a schizophrenic had lots of money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit I have never watched that pony tailed dip shit's show but that guy has got to be schizophrenic. My wife works in the mental heath field and this guy sounds like one of her clients. This show is exactly what would happen if a schizophrenic had lots of money.
</div></div>
My father in law watched this for a while and started talking Mr Pony tails background up to brag about all the crap he was "exposing" and to give some kind of proof that he was right.
I am sorry but a state to elect such a wacko piece of crap just makes my head spin.

I don't know why but after watching your video and reading this thread I felt compelled to buy Catcher and the Rye
smile.gif
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N5H17SGHByU"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N5H17SGHByU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have read the initial post, but I'n not going to dig through nine pages of responses, most of which is O/T. While the concept described seems to me to put a bit of extra stress on the teeth, the whole idea has its basis in good physics, and previously known conventional practice.

A more conventional approach to the idea involves a pretty conventional pistol lanyard, used in an already long approved manner.

The shooter attaches the lanyard to the bottom of the pistol grip, where many grips already have an existing lanyard anchoring loop. The lanyard's length will need to be adjusted, and it is at this attachment point that such length adjustment should be made.

The other end of the lanyard has a loop that is passed over the head and rests loosely around the neck

Many shooters believe this loop is only intended to prevent loss of the handgun, so they pass their strong arm through it and secure it over a shoulder with an epaulet strap. Looks professional, but this approach defeats its ability to also serve as an accuracy aid.

By wearing the lanyard with its loop resting loosely around the neck, and adjusting the lanyard's intermediate length, it can be used to form the third leg of a tripod-like support when the handgun is thrust forward so the lanyard is taut when the arms are at full extension. Much steadier.

While the poster's suggestion duplicates the principal, the original basic lanyard concept can be used to achieve the same effect, while leaving the mouth and teeth free for other more conventional and useful purposes, like verbal communication.

Greg </div></div>

I too read the initial post and skimmed through all the responses and have to agree with Greg here, there is merit in the idea - even though the OP comes off as a troll. Although I haven't shot a pistol with a lanyard as Greg describes, to me it sounded a bit like the "sling assist" technique used to shoot a MP5 with the stock collapsed. Other techniques may be faster to get rounds on target but for an improvised sling in a hunting situation, this may help.

I too read the initial post and skimmed through all the responses and have to agree with Greg here, there is merit in the idea - even though the OP comes off as a troll. Although I haven't shot a pistol with a lanyard as Greg describes, to me it sounded a bit like the "sling assist" technique used to shoot a MP5 with the stock collapsed. Other techniques may be faster to get rounds on target but for an improvised sling in a hunting situation, this may help.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for that.

I was just saying what had been taught to me and it helped to tighten my group.

Never meant it to be a pissin match.

Funny how somebody asks for info to ID someone then never says anything else.

Guess a conformation would make capt maccaroni look bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW...to others
I could care less about people insulting me,I have thick skin.
</div></div>

Apparently not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Otherwise I sling it back likekind.</div></div>

Now that some of you are "softening" up on the thought of actually legitimizing removing your bootlaces from your boots in the field to make a contraption to help you hold a pistol steady.
I have one thought you might want to consider for your self:

publicity-gun.jpg

Might I suggest the shotgun,toe,trigger as it might have a better chance of hitting grey matter

Whoa... never seen that pic of Curt.
yep shoulda seen the end result comin<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opshin556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that some of you are "softening" up on the thought of actually legitimizing removing your bootlaces from your boots in the field to make a contraption to help you hold a pistol steady.
I have one thought you might want to consider for your self:

publicity-gun.jpg
</div></div>

these guys are masters of the technique, and the 3rd brother likes eatin shit

toothless_redneck.jpg

Can someone teach me this technique properly it doesnt feel right.How many times do I wrap it around the grip?
DSC03552.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The same works for keeping diarrhea off your balls.
sick.gif
</div></div>

LMFAO! can we get a picture please! J/k Please don't!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">these guys are masters of the technique, and the 3rd brother likes eatin shit

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad335/justpolitics/toothless_redneck.jpg </div></div>

Yeah, yeah, and, um, yeah ...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KTVnrHy73zk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KTVnrHy73zk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>