• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bore Guide for CZ455

Pinecone

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
Does a bore guide for the CZ452 fit the 455?

Possum Hollow only lists one for the 452.

Any other recommendations for one?

Not being a wize-adze here, just wondering why?
As easy as the 455 is to disassemble and the minimal cleaning needed for a 22,
what use is a bore guide? Seriously, we're not discussing a threaded barrel
or pressed barrel/action centerfire, it's a 22. Only cleaning I do is to pull a couple
of dry patches through the bore after a morning at the range. If I find a carbon ring
has formed, I only use a brush to clear the chamber, not the entire bore. Lack of
rod/jag/brush use has not affected accuracy out of my three 455 22lr barrels,
1 Varmint, 1 American, 1 Lilja. Sure is easy to pull the 455 apart for inspection
and the few times I've needed to clean the bolt face. I don't see the need for a bore guide.
Using sub-sonic lubed ammo there isn't a whole lot of fouling to deal with.
Again, why a bore guide for a 22lr that comes apart with a minimum of effort?

Last edited:
What are you guys using to clean your CZs? Dewey rod and jags?

Not being a wize-adze here, just wondering why?
As easy as the 455 is to disassemble and the minimal cleaning needed for a 22,
what use is a bore guide? Seriously, we're not discussing a threaded barrel
or pressed barrel/action centerfire, it's a 22. Only cleaning I do is to pull a couple
of dry patches through the bore after a morning at the range. If I find a carbon ring
has formed, I only use a brush to clear the chamber, not the entire bore. Lack of
rod/jag/brush use has not affected accuracy out of my three 455 22lr barrels,
1 Varmint, 1 American, 1 Lilja. Sure is easy to pull the 455 apart for inspection
and the few times I've needed to clean the bolt face. I don't see the need for a bore guide.
Using sub-sonic lubed ammo there isn't a whole lot of fouling to deal with.
Again, why a bore guide for a 22lr that comes apart with a minimum of effort?

Most of the time I just pull a bore snake through the rifle and wipe the excess lube off the crown. But if you drop a loaded mag or are shooting in real dusty conditions, those lubed rounds really attract dirt and dust that I don't want in the chamber or barrel. Under those conditions, or when accuracy falls off is when I send a .20 cal dewey rod with a nylon brush down the bore to get the garbage out of it. I always use a bore guide because, well why not? It's cheap insurance.