• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bore guides

jchubbel

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2010
Arizona
What brand of bore guides are yall out there running? I have Lucas guides for my other rifles, but i just went to order another one and hes not taking orders till may and i need one sooner. just curious what everyone recommends. thanks

Re: Bore guides

I am also very curious to see what others suggest. I will be needing one very soon, but also just found out that they are not making the Lucas guides for a while. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I have a Lucas for a custom rifle with custom action and a Possum Hollow for a Remington rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tengo1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I"m running the one shown in the link below since Christmas and I really like it.

US Armorment .308 bore guide </div></div>
Sinclair International has been making that style for a while now and I have one of each to fit every one of my rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TF160 Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Possum Hollow Bore Guide. I use this for all my weapons. Good fit, seals tight at chamber. Good product. </div></div>

I have several of these and they are a great product. Great people to deal with.

So do I,and I'm pretty happy with them.Probably not as nice as the Lucas,but they work ok. Pete

I would recommend, first and foremost, Lucas. But since he is not taking orders right now I would go with one from Sinclair. I have some and they work just fine.
BTW, anyone know why Mike isn't taking on business right now?

as stated, get a Lucas ALONG WITH THE ROD INSERT FOR YOUR PARTICULAR ROD(which is what sets his guide apart, and makes it superior to any other)

and mike does bore guides in runs i believe, so you send in a payment and he'll put you on the next run of guides he does and ship out when they finish.

What rifle you buying it for and what ones you have already? I use my Rem .308 Lucas in three different rifles. My Rem 700 .308, a GAP7000 .243 and a GAP Templar 6.5 Creedmoor.

I curently have them for a .270, and a 30-06. i need one for a .223 rem700.

Do the other brands (sinclair, etc) have a certain diameter rod to use?

The Lucas guide inserts are what he sets up for your rod diameter. The Sinclair guides have no inserts and are not as rod specific.
You won't go wrong with the Sinclair guide, at least until you can get another Lucas.

I have access to a lathe and UHMW bar stock.

I bet I can make me some bushings sized to my cleaning rod.....

Well I'm gona try the koolaid. I made an email order for a Lucas bore guide last night and mailed the check today. Mike quoted the guide will be mailed the week of 5/2.

I just recieved a sinclair bore guide for the 223. it fits the action really nice and slides in the chamber nice and tight! the dewey rod seems to be not as tight of a fit as the lucas is but not by much, im going to mike it up at work to see what the diff. is. I would have prefered the lucas but i think this sinclair will do just fine.