• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Boredom is dangerous...

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    Well, I haven't shot with it yet but the AICS AX got a spray tan today.
    It better be awesome because I can't send it back now haha.

I didn't build this rifle to sit in a safe and pull out to show off at the range, bask in its brilliance or keep it tidy... The crappier it looks the better.

Re: Boredom is dangerous...

Good work mate cos it definatly looks like crap..... Haha

Will be good to see how it goes mate. nice job bro

JJ

the next time you are bored just take it to the range and you can give a range report too
    grin.gif

Good looking rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RemmyMaxhit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what did you use for that pattern...sorme sort of fishnet or chicken wire? Looks good </div></div>

laundry knit bag possibly?

Aah, it's like spyder mesh that tactical-concealment sells... Diamond weave scrim netting.

Nothing special, then dab it with a sea sponge to give it texture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aah, it's like spyder mesh that tactical-concealment sells... Diamond weave scrim netting.

Nothing special, then dab it with a sea sponge to give it texture. </div></div>

show me your ways!

I'm NO expert, this is how I do it:

1. Single solid colour (OD green) base coat.
    2. Second colour (Brown), zig zag diagonal lines to give vertical distortion like long grass. Hold the can about 20cm away.
    3. Drape net over the rifle so it's contacting to give the best pattern - light sharp fast sprays digaonal.
    4. Do the same with the 3rd colour (Tan).
    5. Sponge dab the second and third colours randomly to add depth to the previous pattern and enhance texture.

Easy, takes about two hours total with that type of paint (Tamiya model paint cans - easy to get off and cheap to get, lots of colour options and wears down reasonably well adding to the camo over time) and good a well ventilated drying area.

Another way to do it: Start with your lightest color since the base gets covered the most. This helps prevent the paint job from becoming too dark. I always do a base coat of tan. I've never been a fan of the laundry bag pattern since it either didn't make a difference or was too patterned to me (just my opinion). Long pine needles or long grass works best for patterning with the can held about 3-7 inches away and short, sharp sprays as stated above.
    This sponge dab technique looks great though to break up the pattern. I'm going to have to try that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The crappier it looks the better. </div></div>

Success!

Actually, I think it looks pretty good.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Gorgeous</span> rifle <span style="font-weight: bold">and</span> setup</span>!!!
    shocked.gif

Tony