• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing boring and rifling old barrels

Kinsman

Slacker
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2006
Dallas, Georgia
Is there anyone around who does this? I have a couple of rifles that have bad barrels that could be bored and rifled to a larger caliber, and be useful again.

Re: boring and rifling old barrels

Rare rifles? I'm just wondering what the reason for this would be versus getting a new barrel cut from a modern blank, which in most cases I think would be cheaper would it not?

-matt

Dan Pedersen Classic Barrel Works

http://www.cutrifle.com/

Monte is correct, you won't save any money, but if you have an old/rare gun it might be worth it.

There is a dude in Turtle Lake, ND that does reboring. Never owned or shot anything he as done. Haven't heard nottin bad bout him either. LOL

Couldn't find any website but his name is Norman Johnson and his business is High Plains Rifle & Reboring.

email [email protected]

Talked with him at a Bismarck, ND gunshow a few yrs back. He had just started making new cut rifled barrels also.

HTH

+1 on Clearwater Reboring at Delta Gunshop. Jim Dubell is an excellent gunsmith and a member of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild. Jim did one for me and cut rifled it. Ed Shilen said it was an excellent job.
Butch