• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Borrow/Rent a 6.5 PRC AW2 Reamer

KnowNothing256

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2020
    Would anyone out there be able to help me borrow a 6.5 PRC AW2 reamer to hand off to my smith for a chamber job? I'd prefer to just run the whole chamber with it, but I can do a clean-up with the AW2 reamer if the owner would prefer.

I'll absolutely cover all shipping, and if the owner wants a reasonable rental fee too, that's no problem. Thanks for any help the Hide can provide!

Good afternoon,
    I have a AW2 that I would be willing to let you borrow to finish your chamber.
    I just did 2 of our prc’s. It only took 3 turns ( 1 turn, clean, rinse, repeat. I have the 12”t handle so you can do it in the action.
    I use a spare bolt body to keep it centered in the action. You are golden if it won’t close past about 15 degrees on a go gauge with a .002 shim between the bolt and go gauge with the ejector removed. (The top of the bolt handle is inline with the straight contour of the receiver) Do you have a barrel vise and wrench, torque wrench? I had to reheadspace one of my McGowen barrels about 10 degrees tighter.

Good afternoon,
    I just did 2 of our prc’s. It only took 3 turns ( 1 turn, clean, rinse, repeat. I have the 12”t handle so you can do it in the action.
    I use a spare bolt body to keep it centered in the action. You are golden if it won’t close past about 15 degrees on a go gauge with a .002 shim between the bolt and go gauge with the ejector removed. (The top of the bolt handle is inline with the straight contour of the receiver) Do you have a barrel vise and wrench, torque wrench? I had to reheadspace one of my McGowen barrels about 10 degrees tighter.
    I'll shoot you a PM, thanks for the reply and the offer of help!

Good afternoon,
    Hello,

How did the loaning out of your AW2 go? I would also be interested in borrowing it. Let me know if it is available.

I am a new member here and would be interested in borrowing or renting a JGS 6.5 PRC AW 2 reamer to open up my Savage Ultralight. I am using ADG brass. I am on my third loading of them and I am getting cases stuck. The first time it happened was on my first elk hunt in CO. Happened twice when I was checking my rifles accuracy after the trip from NY. I packed it up and haven't shot it since. Good thing I had a back up 270 with me. Please advise. Stang