• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Boston, Massachusetts - What/Where/Whom

threetrees

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Tirol
Seems i'll be visiting Boston mid of May. I would like to humbly ask:

- are there particular shops (hunting, rifle, outdoor, ...) that i should be aware of?
- any interesting gunsmith there whom i should try to pay a visit?
- anything special (museum, bars, ...) i'm recommended to have a look at?

Thanks for helping to make those days more enjoyable.

Re: Boston, Massachusetts - What/Where/Whom

That for which U seek would better be found in NH or TX
smile.gif

Harvard University is a nice trip.

i'm interested in several things. the above topics, however, seem to rather suit this forum.

seems that there is little to do in that area though. anything that is green is only like a square-kilometer large and a local friend said that for any hike we'd have to drive for at least 2 hours.

I took my wife to Boston two years ago and we loved it.

Things to not miss:
A tour of Fenway Park while the team is in town.

Catch a night game at Fenway. We went to two of them. Sat in the cheap seats and box seats. Forget the nice seats, we liked the outfield seats better.

Freedom Trail. You can walk most of it and see all the historical markers around Boston. Including graves of famous Americans.

Mike's Pastry in Old North...world famous pastry, a must if you have a sweet tooth.

Go have a beer at Cheers Bar. Don't forget to get you picture taken with the wooden indian.

Bunker Hill Monument. Something everyone should see.

There are other things to do but those were my favorite. Hope this helps.

USS Constitution. The Quincy Market area is hopping most of the time and has a couple bars and eateries.

Josh

Send a PM to Mega. Got a feeling he may know where to send ya...

If you want guns, go to Four Seasons Guns in Woburn. It is one of the best in the state. There are no gun shops/ smiths in the city as far as I know.

Need more info about you to give you a good idea of what the city has to offer. Cheers is good at night when it isn't full of loud annoying kids, or if you get an outside table. You can find a lot of cool shops in Government Center. Jerry Remy's Sports Bar & Grill is AMAZING. They have 2, 32 (yes thirty-two) foot tv screens to watch the red sox on. They have also have a ton of 52" big screen tv's. You can't turn around without seeing a game it's great if you're into sports.

Montecristo Mexican Grill - good, cheap, mexican food
Neptune Oyster - saw Ben Affleck the last time I was there
Abe & Louie's - Best steak in boston, pricey.
Smith & Wollensky - Great food.

Actually, just go here if you're looking for food: http://www.phantomgourmet.com/ShowPage.aspx

Instead of typing 10,000 things to do in Boston and the surrounding areas, this may work a bit easier for you.

CLICK ME

Gunshops?
No, not really.
Gunsmiths?
Fuck no.

As for Four Seasons?
Four Seasons is a tiny little shop like every other tiny little shop you've ever seen. Seen one, you've seen them all. Absolutely nothing special about it, and certainly not worth the 40 minute drive from Boston to go see a bunch of overpriced consignment guns, or their "famous" Glock wall. Yippie! 50 pre' 1998 overpriced Gen 1 and 2 Glocks...

There's enough in Boston to see that unless you're there for a month, you're not going see it all. Rent a car with a nav system in it and explore. Just watch your ass. We drive, um, "aggressively". It's a fantastic town in the Spring.
There's enough tourists and residents from other states that it's easy to just blend in and go about your business.

If you wear ANYTHING that says "Boston" or "Massachusetts" (other than a Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, or Patriots shirt), we will know you're a tourist and WILL laugh at you. Also the rule "one" applies. Only wear ONE thing that references Boston. If you're wearing a Red Sox hat with a Celtics t-shirt, you ain't from here!
If you ask us why we talk so funny and don't pronounce the R at the end of our words, we'll tell you it's because the alphabet goes from A-Q to S-Z, and that the Rednecks took all of our R's anyway.
We also talk VERY fast, which quite a few people on this forum can attest to.
wink.gif

It's a safe city, but the usual rule applies:
Don't be a fucking moron and walk around flashing a fat stack of cash, because someone WILL take it from you.

Areas to avoid and stay out of, especially at night:
Roxbury
Dorchester
Mattapan

Jack

top of Prudential, harpoon brewery, sam adams brewery, union oyster house

another question: where to get ammunition in boston? and especially: those boxes that you (supposedly) need to transport ammunition via airplane?

thanks for your help,
tt

Boston... nothing for guns. Unless you want to go to Southie and buy stolen Raven's and Kel-Tecs.

But if you are willing to go about an hour North To Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine... gun Valhalla!

http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/

Too Bad that New England Firearms (Kittery Point) closed. Amazing fine guns (Purdy, etc.) If you've never held a $600,000 double rifle, you're missing out. You could do that there...

But Kittery Trading Post is well worth the drive. Fun place!

Cheers,

Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threetrees</div><div class="ubbcode-body">another question: where to get ammunition in boston? and especially: those boxes that you (supposedly) need to transport ammunition via airplane?

thanks for your help,
tt </div></div>

You need an "LTC" to buy ammo in MA,best to go to NH or Kittery Trading Post in Maine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trijicog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threetrees</div><div class="ubbcode-body">another question: where to get ammunition in boston? and especially: those boxes that you (supposedly) need to transport ammunition via airplane?

thanks for your help,
tt </div></div>

You need an "LTC" to buy ammo in MA,best to go to NH or Kittery Trading Post in Maine. </div></div>

KTP is a nice place to go. Boston as a whole is a nice city. I always liked Faneuil Hall (Quincy Market Place) as a kid. Fenway in its own right is a damn fine stadium to see. The USS Constitution is cool as is Freedom Trail. You could spend a good amount of time walking around Boston.

Stay out of Southie unless you have family down there!! lol.

Intel flew my son to Hudson yesterday for a series of interviews.
It looks like a great little town, and close enough to Boston to have access to whatever you want... but not too close.