• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Boston Naval Shipyard

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Out for coffee early...into the belly of the beast...

ETYMVmil.jpg

The Massachusetts Navy...

OHQZcjol.jpg

Fuck pro sports....

VkbgTy6l.jpg

znyAduzl.jpg

Taking this picture I slipped on the batten seawall getting down closer to the water....I landed as square on my ass as possible. I was thee quarter inches shorter when I stood up....

F7CWrSAl.jpg

Lots of construction....

PAGJSAol.jpg

Live Oak stockpiled for Constitution.....

IFzS3YZl.jpg

3H7Vbk0l.jpg

Constitutions Carronades.....No arsenal marking appear split cast....fake?

UkzGmeGl.jpg

This one is legit...might be Waterlivet...

66M9tfrl.jpg

uaz9m45l.jpg

SQlrRLwl.jpg

Commandants House...

U8ubfU5l.jpg

Men's Department....

r1CITH8l.jpg

yLTXbEfl.jpg

C8gsnqgl.jpg

ldCbUmal.jpg

pUTVooQl.jpg

Bunker Hill Monument in background...

u6nhF8pl.jpg

Old school pier construction....

14jVGrZl.jpg

Old Naval Manufactury....

t4foJGgl.jpg

Pretty sure in this building the US came up with a novel method of anchor chain construction. Links were made in two pieces with male and female fitment to be welded in the center. It greatly improved the production of anchor chain for larger ships. Guessing they hot forged the entire chain previous to. I think a hotel is going in here and they intend to keep some of the forging machinery on display. You could smell machine oil from the street...

uhqsrzkl.jpg

On the side of the building.....

ZK9rLhpl.jpg

Something hot was going on in there....

LjDR6J8l.jpg

Couldnt build this shit today....

ZsFSMF3l.jpg

Last edited:
    Cool ass tooling shop....

N1ZLzO8l.jpg

The Rope Walk.....

EpBaU3jl.jpg

Long ass building in which miles of Naval ship rope was hand laid......

DrMA3tUl.jpg

What we spent money on as young country....no it was not freeloading invaders.

ezs3FOcl.jpg

I think the cribbing is from Constitutions recent recoppering......

9fPtrPal.jpg

xLTn9Hql.jpg

She is beautiful.....wonder how many unaccompanied minors would fit on her.

UKgpjrol.jpg

Cool name....

9dZUmawl.jpg

Last edited:
    Boat on the right is an old USCG 41 ft utility.

Im guessing you are referring to the non rigid hull....thats the only one I would see being surplus....The blue rigids......MA is not for poors....Its only money.

Constitutions Carronades.....No arsenal marking appear split cast....fake?

UkzGmeGl.jpg

This one is legit...might be Waterlivet...

66M9tfrl.jpg
    The guns on the Constitution are indeed fakes.

All of the present guns were cast for the 1927-1931 restoration with the exception of two 1812-era replica carronades on the after quarter deck. Cast in 1981, these carronades are closer to Constitution‘s 1812 spar deck armament. The gun deck guns were cast in the Charlestown Navy Yard in 1929. The pattern of these guns was based on a British siege gun that was abandoned in Boston during the American Revolution and is currently displayed near Harvard University. The decision to cast “British” guns was made by Lieutenant John A. Lord, Supervisor of the 1927-1931 restoration. He based his decision upon inaccurate research that led the Navy to mistakenly believe that Constitution was outfitted with British guns in 1812.

Im guessing you are referring to the non rigid hull....thats the only one I would see being surplus....The blue rigids......MA is not for poors....Its only money.
    Yeah the not a RIB

Fletcher class DDs are OG

This one is named after a true badass, Captain Cassin Young USN

Such totally prophetic words are seldom spoken and these by a captain of a DD....

"This is going to be a fighting ship. I intend to go in harm's way, and anyone who doesn't want to go along had better get off right now."

The Johnston is what I thought about as I looked at that lightly armored, respectably armed, race boat

Reactions: Barneybdb
    Such totally prophetic words are seldom spoken and these by a captain of a DD....

"This is going to be a fighting ship. I intend to go in harm's way, and anyone who doesn't want to go along had better get off right now."

The Johnston is what I thought about as I looked at that lightly armored, respectably armed, race boat

For the first 20 minutes, Johnston could not return fire as the enemy cruisers and battleships' heavy guns outranged Johnston's 5-inch (127 mm) guns. Not waiting for orders, Commander Evans broke formation and went on the offensive by ordering Johnston to speed directly toward the enemy—first a line of seven destroyers, next one light and three heavy cruisers, then the four battleships. To the east appeared three other cruisers and several destroyers.[1]

Boat on the right is an old USCG 41 ft utility.
    It's definitely an ex USCG 41' UTB, the other two could be as well, the CG used the smaller 29s for a while and still use the bigger one. They could be surplus or they could have been bought directly from SBI.

It's definitely an ex USCG 41' UTB, the other two could be as well, the CG used the smaller 29s for a while and still use the bigger one. They could be surplus or they could have been bought directly from SBI.

When DHS money was flowing they picked up those RB/MLB style boats.

Reactions: Dirty D