• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bottom metal question

SpookM14

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
Mountain West
I was just wondering for DBMs for FN rifles. I was wondering if you have to buy bottom metal for a specific model or if there is one that fits all models. I was looking at the Seekins bottom metal and was wondering if it was just for the common Remington or Surgeon rifles or if it was able to mount it on another type of action. I know this is kind of a newbie question so be gentle in your responses. Also if you have any options for my FN SPR I would also appreciate it. I have seen that CDI is an option but if it was the only one.

Bottom metal is specific to the action footprint. The Seekins is for R700 footprint actions. CDI, PTG or factory FN TBM are your options. CDI and PTG lets you use AICS mags, TBM uses FN factory mags.

Last edited:
Most of the FN rifles are basically short Model 70 actions. You must buy a DBM floorplate specifically for the short Model 70 actions. Neither Badger nor Seekings makes one. I would recommend the CDI one.