• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bottom metal question

para1505

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
Columbia MO area
I have a McMillan stock that is inlet for Badger M5 DBM. I don't really want to pay for M5 BM and AI mags when I already have a Wyatt's DBM. So my question is I I bed the stock and get the Wyatt's on properly could I Use bedding to fill in around the Wyatt's BM or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah- that's gel coat. That would look like ass with the bedding compound. I'm assuming the metal you have is smaller so that fits? I guess you could paint it after but buying a m5 seems like the responsible non half assed moved in this case.

Yes buying the M5 would be best answer maybe I should just sale it and get a HS Precision

Aren't there a couple other DBMs that are cheaper that than Badger that use the M5 footprint? Could sell the Wyatts and do it that way, just another at to look at it, especially if you like the stock.

PT&G works. $99 on midway. Could get that and a couple mags for Wyatt price. Also some guys are modding Riger polymer mags to work with 700 style actions and AICS mag systems. They are $30 for a 10 rounder local to me.

Powdahound... Thanks so much going to get the PTG FROM Midway can I get a hook up on the mags

No worries. I was just surfing while my kiddo naps. More fun than dishes and laundry.
That mag DIY retrofit was on here somewhere but my google-fu is weak.
Good luck and enjoy