• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing bottom metal

Re: bottom metal

It's good stuff. I used some on my m40a1 style rifle and I was very pleased with the outcome.

P1020379.jpg

Matt is a great fellow. He has taken the middle man out of the equation now and it saves you when buying his products.

If you need a drop in floorplate bottom metal, look no further.

I have had excellent experiences with Williams bottom metal. It drops in every time. Quality is top notch. The ONLY problem with Williams bottom metal is that it's so hard to get your hands on because EVERYBODY is backordered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's good stuff. I used some on my m40a1 style rifle and I was very pleased with the outcome.

P1020379.jpg
</div></div>

Is that a one piece? Will that work on a Win Mod 70, because mine is a 2 piece from the factory and i would prefer a one piece for bedding purposes.

No, it is a two piece that I cut to fit the original bedding. I had a one piece at the time and decided not to use because of the amount of extra cutting that would be required to fit it.
P1020382.jpg

P1020383.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personality, compliments of the USMC. </div></div>

I've been told that if left unsupervised the average Marine could destroy a Box Car with a rubber mallet in 7.5 seconds. Your rifle is proof that tender loving care isn’t taught at Quantico, Pendleton, Paris Island or any where else
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personality, compliments of the USMC. </div></div>...Your rifle is proof that tender loving care isn’t taught at Quantico, Pendleton, Paris Island or any where else
wink.gif
.</div></div>With apologies to John Prine,
TLC is available in those venues only "after midnight, in the stillness, of the barracks latrines."
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personality, compliments of the USMC. </div></div>...Your rifle is proof that tender loving care isn’t taught at Quantico, Pendleton, Paris Island or any where else
wink.gif
.</div></div>With apologies to John Prine,
TLC is available in those venues only "after midnight, in the stillness, of the barracks latrines."
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Or onboard Naval Ships
wink.gif

Sorry............had to

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or onboard Naval Ships
wink.gif
</div></div>LOL!

Never had to ship my navel, but I guess it would be embarrassing to try. Good thing I never joined the naval air force, as forcing air through it sounds painful.

This thread kinda gives new meaning to the term 'bottom metal', doesn't it.
laugh.gif

Hey RADcustom, wondering if you would mind letting me know what size screw you used in front of the trigger guard... 6-32? Also, looks like you relieved the area in front of the push button latch? Nice work on the bottom metal btw...

Thanks,
hsld.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chad3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Light switch screw. </div></div>

precisely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: highspeedlowdrag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, looks like you relieved the area in front of the push button latch? Nice work on the bottom metal btw...

Thanks,
hsld. </div></div>

I had to cut the front part off of the trigger guard portion and drill a new hole that lined up with the insert that was in the stock. The hinged plate had to be shortened to adjust for the hole spacing and a relief notch for retention pin had to be cut.

Hope that helps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: highspeedlowdrag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, looks like you relieved the area in front of the push button latch? Nice work on the bottom metal btw...

Thanks,
hsld. </div></div>

I had to cut the front part off of the trigger guard portion and drill a new hole that lined up with the insert that was in the stock. The hinged plate had to be shortened to adjust for the hole spacing and a relief notch for retention pin had to be cut.

Hope that helps</div></div>

Exactly what I was wondering... Thanks for the clarification sir.

my williams bottom metal came in today it looks great also ordered a manners T4 kinda a chirstmas present to myself

i am trying to find some wat to retrofit a fn/d magazine or even dropping plate to my 30'06 savage 110 pre accu trigger rifle.so far i haven't found any answers anywhere.any ideas folks?i know i will have to inlet the stock and such,no prob there.i would just like to see or hear it from somebody else before i alter mine.lol