• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bought a used Nightforce NX8 1-8 C599. Please give opinion

TacticalBucket

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2020
WA
Hey guys
Just acquired a used MIL/LE only C599 and it's in decent shape other than a small gouge where it took a hit of some sort on the corner of the illumination knob.
When I turn the brightness up on the reticle though, the illumination bleeds into the reticle. It's very difficult to photograph but see below for what I was able to catch.
I was under the impression the only part of the reticle to be illuminated would be the center dot correct? If not just call me an idiot and we can move on but the quality of this reticle doesn't impress me if thats the case as only half the 2 is illuminated and a part of the 4 etc etc.

Any help would be awesome guys, thank you

IMG_20200903_165728.jpg

IMG_20200903_165727.jpg

IMG_20200903_165656.jpg

Last edited:
You are only turning it up high enough to see the reticle in a low light situation. I can't think of a time I have ever cranked my illumination up. I hardly ever turn it on except when I am doing anything with it on 1X, and even then, it is only high enough to see it, otherwise it star bursts.

Agreed, normal. You are asking a thing to do something it was not intended to do. You won't be taking shots sitting at your desk in full light, why evaluate the optic is such circumstances.

Go shoot, you'll like it more on the range...