• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Bought my son a Sprinfield XD-M in 40S&W!

JGorski

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Central Wis.
I was going to buy a Glock 23 for myself but I thought with X-mas right around the corner maybe my son would like a new firearm so I asked him on Facebook if he would buy one pistol what would it be, I got this one. He should like it, but he won't be able to take it back to Camp Pendledon.
YTgFQRn.jpg

Now thats a nice Christmas present. Beats the travel shaving kit I get from my mother in law every year.

Thank your son for his service.

I bought an XD way back when I was at Quantico. I've been extremely happy with it, as it has been the best handgun I've used, in terms of comfort, fit, and function, definitely better than those beat up M9's!

I did have a problem with it malfunctioning recently, but after 9 years of use I wasn't terribly upset, and I sent it in for warranty service as well as some custom upgrades at their workshop. They got it turned around in well under the 5 to 6 weeks I was quoted, and I'm ready to test it out this weekend.

If you find another occasion to get him something, tritium sights are a nice upgrade!

Why can't he take it to Pendleton btw? When I was in the barracks, they let us check our personal weapons into the armory.

I've got one in 9, 40, and 45. Each of them has over 15,000 down the barrel, and I can only remember 3 ftf, which were due to the fact that I'm cheap and use crappy tula ammo.

Yea, your son will be happy.

I have one in .40, love it. The ammo capacity is great; no more carrying extra 1911 mags on the other side!

I only got rifles :(. I'd like a glock to carry in the woods... you'll know what I mean if your a hunter... the people who threaten you with their gun you need something to protect you. Yeah well my dads not much of a pistol guy but he sure does love his 460, until he sold it but totally regrets it. Regarding the hunting thing I said, sometimes you get people shooting your direction on purpose, or people pointing them at you since some people aren't very "people friendly" so Its good to carry a sidearm. Also good to put down game but knives work well too.