• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bought some vintage....

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    A week or so ago my interest got peaked in some "Old Breed" stuff and I reacquainted with Elmo Haney....

1595502945554.png

He is the Platoon Sgt getting a Silver Star pinned for action in Cape Gloucester.

Started digging the old school cotton summer service dress shirt.

The mil used to have fantastic work uniforms. Could look good if need be by hitting it with an iron or you could go to the field with them and a regular washing machine would get them clean.

US Navy blue chambray workshirts as an example. Have some of those for working in the yard, going to the beach or if hit with an iron perfectly proper and super comfortable for going with the fams to a nice restaurant.

So I wanted an Elmo Haney tribute version of my Navy workshirts.

Scored this AM after perusing Ebay for a few weeks...

1595503378421.png

Looks WWII issue legit with the pointed pockets. If its got the white cotton backing on the button backing Ill be good to go. American made when America made solid shit.

Ill take off the Master Sgt stripes and Ruptured Duck as I have earned neither nor do I think it cool wearing rank in beach or hanging out attire.

The bonus is the pants and pisscutter.

The cover wont get much wear but the EGA will likely adorn a cover I recently got from @j-huskey.

The pants just happen to be my exact size and if they are in as good shape as they look Ill wear those bad boys. Cotton khakis became the casual dress standard because of returning GIs wearing their uniforms on return home.

Hoping the pants dont have that 1940s - wear the waist at your nipples - tailoring but its crazy to expect they wouldnt.

Old school - its what to wear.

Last edited:
    Score. If that EGA on the piss cutter is legit WW2 era thats a cool keep sake.
    I still have some Corporal pin on chevrons that my dad used in the 60s. Those pins were solid almost welded on compared to what the px sold in the late 90s.

Score. If that EGA on the piss cutter is legit WW2 era thats a cool keep sake.
    I still have some Corporal pin on chevrons that my dad used in the 60s. Those pins were solid almost welded on compared to what the px sold in the late 90s.

Looks WWII........no fouling rope.

WWII used a lot of "plastic" for enlisted EGA. My suspicion is the one on the cunt cap will be plastic.

Liking the EGA with clutch backs vs stud and screw when worn on covers. Clutch backs less likely to punch into your skull vs screw back.

I never knew about the ruptured duck. Made me go and look it up and research it a bit. And, why Marshall had all the paperwork referring to it destroyed...that they could find. Pretty cool history on that.

I never knew about the ruptured duck. Made me go and look it up and research it a bit. And, why Marshall had all the paperwork referring to it destroyed...that they could find. Pretty cool history on that.

What was the story with Marshall destroying the paperwork. That would be new to learn about.

What was the story with Marshall destroying the paperwork. That would be new to learn about.
    When I googled it, one of the stories that came up with where the name was 'adopted' was that Eisenhower's code name was "Duckpin". Apparently, we couldn't have "ruptured duck"affecting the Supreme Allied Commander, European Forces reputation.

Funny thing though, it would have worked very well as an intelligence diversion.

For your perusal:

Last edited:
    Reactions: pmclaine
    Man EBay is fast....

image.jpg

EGA is WWII metal with a post. I'll have to hunt up a WWII era clutch back. I'll leave the overseas cap alone. Man the dude had a little head.

Anyone looking for a good book

image.jpg

Just started reading it the other night.

Great to sight into how the 1st Marine Brigade formed into 1st Mar Div.

The first camps at New River that became LeJeune, Elmo Haney, AA Vandegrift, K/3/5 up to Pelelieu.

Good companion to EB Sledge "With the Old Breed at Pelelieu and Okinawa"

Reactions: sandwarrior
    Pretty cool Old School chevrons...

image.jpg

Khakis must have been an inspection set. Look brand new 'cept for some hanger stains I'll try to get out...

image.jpg

Ruptured Duck detail....

image.jpg

Reactions: sandwarrior
    Damn!

Great sleeve length but too much chest, too tight in bicep, for a casual summer shirt with history. The cotton is super soft even d spit the heavy starch. Looks like I need a 42.

Pants seem to fit good though. Wide leg khaki. Heavily starched.