• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bout 30 years ago.....

Sharpsman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2010
Rayville, La.
walked into a rifle shop and there was an 03A3 sitting in the rack. Asked the ole boy runnin the store.....how much? It was clean....real clean and from the looks not a 'parts rifle'! He told me $300. Told him I've got $250 in my pocket; you take it and grin and I'll take the rifle and grin! His reply was "Show me the green" and I did! It's been a safe queen for a long time now but last week I took the Old Vet out of the safe, ran a cleaning rod through the bore, checked the sights and to the range we went. I had loaded some '06 stuff up with Sierra 168 gr. HPBT and 48 grs. of H4895 using F210M primers. I've got a 20" clanger up and I backed off to 600 yards and after 3 shots I had it pretty well zeroed. Painted the target and fired three more rounds before a thunderstorm blew in and all 3 rounds impacted about 3" left of center and I could cover all 3 with the back of my fist! The old dude shoots mighty fine!

03A3 by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Thanks for the 'offer' but I've got some grandsons that will enjoy shooting this after they've patted me in the face with a spade!!

Well knowing its going down the line the line that way makes me just as happy as it coming my way. They have a very nice heirloom coming their way, hopefully no time soon.