• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bowling Pin Target Setups

PinesAndProjectiles

Formerly MinnesotaMulisha
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2013
    Solid Ground
    I just picked up twenty bowling pins.

Now I need ideas on how to set them up for target shooting.

I’m thinking some kind of hanging device so we needn’t reset them all the time.

You guys have any pics on your setup?

Assuming these are real bowling pins and not steel, standing them up on a table and knocking them over is the traditional way.

In my personal experience, bowling pins are somewhat prone to ricochets. They also make a mess when they get shot up. For those reasons I retired all my bowling pins and went to shooting steel instead.

Pins on the table @ 25yds., 6" ctc.
    Hot 185gr HPs.
    From Holstered, Condition 1, to cleared table in under 4 seconds.
    1687213006710.jpeg

The point was to clear the pins off of a table and the table had a one inch border all around so the pins would not roll off.

Reactions: Duc
    Please be aware of danger from ricochets. One of the clubs to which I belong ran a bowling pin event One Time, many many years ago. With steel, bits of bullet jacket fly around with enough velocity to cut skin 25 yards directly behind the targets (rare but it happened to me; had to dig out the fragment with tweezers). With bowling pins; it was whole bullets bouncing around.

• Wow
    Reactions: Tx_Aggie