• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boyd’s gunstocks

Ajwillly

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Ohio
thinking about ordering one for a savage Mark ii. Does anyone know if they ever send out coupons?

I haven't seen any, I have an AT1 that's out for delivery today!

never seen a coupon. They will have closeout sales and also a section for stocks that were ordered and canceled.

I predict you'll like it!

I'd definitely be interested to read a review. I have used some of Boyd's other designs over the years, and am intrigued by the AT-one. Unfortunately, all of the rifles for which I'd consider buying an AT-one are somewhat unusual... so if I got it and didn't like it, I'd be unlikely to be able to sell it.

I'm a piss poor reviewer. I got an AT-1 last week for a Tikka lite after an 8 or 9 day wait. It bolted up with no drama, the fit is pretty nice for a two hundred dollar pre fit stock. The push button adjustments work as advertised. The cheek piece adjuster needed a small tweak so it moved freely. I opted for the target grip panels. Simple installation, one screw. There is a slight though annoying gap where the front of the grip panels meet. It is minor and I have not addressed it yet. May just take some persuasion or the removal of some material.
I have not fired this critter yet so I have no insight there. This is a very light rifle in 300wm so I'll have to exchange my pink panties for maybe blue or green ones and get to shooting it.

Last edited:
I'd definitely be interested to read a review. I have used some of Boyd's other designs over the years, and am intrigued by the AT-one. Unfortunately, all of the rifles for which I'd consider buying an AT-one are somewhat unusual... so if I got it and didn't like it, I'd be unlikely to be able to sell it.

I am pretty happy with it, like others states it fit with no additional attention. It does look great, I suspect some of the sharper corners that are part of the styling are going to show some wear over time. The adustability is pretty cool, there is a bit of play in the cheek piece when it is up near the high limit. The stock will work for kids or smaller people. It will work great for my daughter and it can be adjusted with growth. There is nothing your going to beat it with for $200. I had originally planned on a pro varmint for this gun, but this will do real well. I did buy the target grip and forearm for it also.

2017-10-13_08-58-04 by Jake Freese, on Flickr

I just put together this Savage .270 with an AT-ONE stock using parts around the shop. Came out very nice. I love the push button adjustment. It only comes with a flush cup on the back so I had to put one on the front. I just drilled in the right place and screwed one in.

Attachments

• photo77164.jpg
    photo77164.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 37
  • photo77165.jpg
    photo77165.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 16
  • photo77166.jpg
    photo77166.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 48
They do not send out coupons, the only thing they do is discount custom stocks that have been returned.