• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boyds stocks anyone?

Gilly

On Target
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2009
Coloarado
Looking to put a new stock on my older savage model 110 .30-06 that I have had for close to 15 years the old one is beat up and I was never very fond of it. I only use the gun occasionally it will be a hunting rifle for deer elk maybe and some coyotes, thus I do not want to spend a fortune $150-$200. Did some looking around found Boyds website and looked like a good price thought I would see if anyone has any experience with them. I am open to suggestions for others needs to fit in with minimal work needed, I would prefer a laminate wood but open to composite stocks and thinking I want one with a thumbhole in it. Barrel is a sporter contour. Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: Boyds stocks anyone?

I have used a couple of their 10/22 stocks on builds for people. They fit well, seemed well made/finished, and you certainly can't beat the price...then again, it was just a .22LR build for 99.9% range use and nothing that had to endure .30-06 recoil, hauling around in the woods, the elements, etc.

Happy with my stock for the 10/22 also. Can't comment on anything bigger than that.

I've got one on my Encore,like this stock.
Guns403.jpg

Check their surplus runs. They made laminated stocks for Savage Varmint rifles and I got one a few years back that was/is nice.
They might get another overrun on them.

I have a Boyds stock on my Rem597, it was unfinished and virtual inletted, it did require sanding and finishing, but the action dropped right in. I will bed it eventually.

DSC03278.jpg

Those Boyd laminate stocks are a little heavy but they look great. You will have to bed the action in the stock, no fancy alluminum bedding block. They make a gloss version and a less shiny version.