• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Brake vs Flash Hider for Precision 6.5's with Suppressor

REL1203

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Centreville, VA
So I got lucky and scored 2 KeyMo Bravo mounts for my 2 upcoming Suppressors (one in NFA Jail, one is waiting to be built on F1). I am not a huge Brake guy on 6.5's, but am struggling with going with the Dead Air KeyMo Brake or Flash hider for my GAP 6.5/SAC .260. Is there any advantage to going with Dead Air's 3 Prong Flash Hider instead of the Brake? I ask only cause I do not know if I will shoot Suppressed 100% of the time going forward and hate to be that guy with a brake on a rifle that it isnt needed and annoying my shooting neighbors at the range sitting next to me? Having the brake should save a little wear and tear on my Can's B/C and First baffle though right? Do same advantages happen putting it on an SBR AR?

If you are going to shoot unpressed a lot and have shooting buddies near by you appreciate the flash hider. If you are shooting basically suppressed all the time or nearly then undoubtedly get the brake as it will act as a sacrificial blast baffle. Therefore it will save the wear and tear of the suppressor.

Reactions: Supersubes