• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brakes?

Cmh259

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2020
Looking for a good muzzle brake for entry level PRS, opinions on my beat bang for my buck

APA Little Bastard. Area 419, Heathen and Terminator brakes are just a few of what's out there . They all work good it just comes down to what you like the look of. I will say i use only self timing brakes that way you don't need a to time them to your barrel and if needed move from one rifle to the another. They all cost close to the same.

Reactions: camocorvette
Thanks everyone, I decided on the new Area 419 Hellfire Match!
Area 419. Best buy and definitely "best bang for your buck" as your OP.

I have APA Little Bastards and and an Area 419 Sidewinder.
Consider you can have one Area 419 and buy say another two muzzle adapters for for $40 each - that's way cheaper to brake three rifles than any other brand out there.
I also love how you can hand remove the Area 419 after a session to clean it and muzzle crown or swap it to another rifle.

Seen you had already purchased one. Good choice......I have always ran the Bastards, which are properly named as they are a bastard if your laying beside one. But for future references for anyone viewing this, I also own a PVA Jet Blast, which is an excellent brake as well.

Reactions: BikePilot