• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bravo or save for Manners/Foundation

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    I’ve got a few months before my Origin comes in, and I’m looking at the Origin as a budget friendly stock for it.

The other side of the coin is how does it compare to a Manners EH1A or one of the Foundation stocks? Would saving up for one of those to be better then the Bravo?

I’ve got a few months before my Origin comes in, and I’m looking at the Origin as a budget friendly stock for it.

The other side of the coin is how does it compare to a Manners EH1A or one of the Foundation stocks? Would saving up for one of those to be better then the Bravo?
    I usually wait and save for what I want. Cheaper than buying again. That's just me, your mileage may vary!

I got a bravo in fde from the krg site. It checked all the boxes on my list. Krg charged$349 for the stock and $30 for shipping and it only took a few days to get here. I looked around and couldn’t find anywhere that had one in stock with cheaper shipping until I had ordered from krg. A fellow Hide member just opened a precision rifle store and they have them in stock for $349 and my shipping would have been $22. His website is www.recoiladdiction.com. He’s a good person and fellow shooter. I purchased a remage barrel and nut from him and he was very helpful. If you decide on a bravo I recommend giving him a look.

You can’t really go wrong with the origin and bravo combo, I built up a match rifle for last year with that combo and it’s been rock solid ever since. It’s now be relegated to a do all rifle roll after building a different rifle, but I wouldn’t think twice about building an other one up.
    9CEA0D0F-2715-46C7-9613-60049FC26EA2.jpeg

I hate doing bedding work and paying someone to do it (and do it right) gets expensive, so the stock-like chassis out there like the KRG Bravo and MDT XRS have a big advantage in that department.

I have a Manners EH1A and really like it, I'm not a chassis guy so don't know much about them, if you are thinking about a Manners I would get it ordered now since they take a few months to get, the last two I have took right at 5 months from order to my door, you can also get the Manners mini chassis that saves you on a complete bedding job maybe just bed the recoil lug, one manners I have has the mini chassis and it works just fine, it does add some $$ to the price of the stock.

To say the KRG bravo is an incredible value is an understatement. Not only are they way cheaper but they are still awesome and you can upgrade them down the road. Personally I just can’t fathom paying $1000-$1500 for a chassis or stock. Not with the options we have today.

Reactions: 308pirate
    I put a Bravo on my Tikka CTR within 4 months of purchase.
    After I upgraded the CTR to an MDT ACC, I bought another Tikka T3 in .223 to fill the empty stock. That’s how good I think it is for the money and availabilit.

Try Altus Shooting, that where my Bravo came from

The KRG Bravo is the best bang for the buck out there, but it's no Manners. I love mine and am about to get my second. There will likely be a few more in my future.

I would encourage you to take a few months while saving your money and try to get your hands on as many stocks as you can. At the end of that time you can afford to buy whichever one you preferred and you can make an educated decision. I have a foundation and love it, nothing feels like it but it is also heavier than my conscience.

I would never argue against getting a manners stock. They make an outstanding product with awesome customer service.
    I would never argue against getting a KRG chassis. They make an outstanding product with awesome customer service.
    Hope this helps!!😉

FWIW, I have two bravo's.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
    I would never argue against getting a manners stock. They make an outstanding product with awesome customer service.
    I would never argue against getting a KRG chassis. They make an outstanding product with awesome customer service.
    Hope this helps!!😉

FWIW, I have two bravo's.
    I’m giving an MPA a try this go around; if for some reason I don’t end up liking it I’m gonna get a bravo.

I like the bravo, the only downside is it's a little light in the back.
    I prefer the manners because the adjustable cheek piece has the C clip to go back where you put it.
    The manners is just the better package for me, you pay more for it, but it feels more like a precision rifle should.
    Ymmv

Reactions: DRichardson
    I like the bravo, the only downside is it's a little light in the back.
    I prefer the manners because the adjustable cheek piece has the C clip to go back where you put it.
    The manners is just the better package for me, you pay more for it, but it feels more like a precision rifle should.
    Ymmv

Not only the C-clip, but also the ability to slide the cheek riser side to side. For lower mounted scopes, this allows you to keep your head more straight up and down (e.g. not have to rotate your head sideways).

I bought two stocks within 30 days of each other, a Manners PRS1 for my build, and a Bravo for my son's. I paid 3 times for my PRS1 what we spent on the son's Bravo and the Bravo is the better stock. If I were doing it over again .... Bravo all the way.

I bought two stocks within 30 days of each other, a Manners PRS1 for my build, and a Bravo for my son's. I paid 3 times for my PRS1 what we spent on the son's Bravo and the Bravo is the better stock. If I were doing it over again .... Bravo all the way.

THis is interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say a bravo is better than a manners. I have both and sure the bravo is great, but saying it’s “better” than a PRS1...Cmon now. Would like to hear your reasoning.

This illustrates how subjective stock “Feel” is.
    Just like Triggers, grips, etc.

This illustrates how subjective stock “Feel” is.
    Just like Triggers, grips, etc.
    Exactly. I think it’s one of the more uncomfortable stocks for me. Should have stuck with my X-ray. Seriously considering ditching mine.

Exactly. I think it’s one of the more uncomfortable stocks for me. Should have stuck with my X-ray. Seriously considering ditching mine.

Depending on your wants / needs, Shoot an ACC if you have a chance before you purchase. I like mine. A lot.

THis is interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say a bravo is better than a manners. I have both and sure the bravo is great, but saying it’s “better” than a PRS1...Cmon now. Would like to hear your reasoning.

Both are very comfortable. The palm swell on the PRS1 is slightly larger and I have 3XL sized hands, so that's appreciated, but the palm swell on the Bravo is quite nice as well. Both have a nice thumb shelf. Neither requires bedding. Both have integrated barricade stops (Bravo as part of the chassis, PRS1 as part of the bottom metal).

The PRS1 is stunningly good looking, that's its major advantage.

The Bravo came with a LOT of accessories. It came with LOP spacers and the screws for each, QD cups, two sling studs, and a small picatinny rail. The bottom of the fore-end is slotted for MLOK and has numerous other hole for mounting shit. The sides of the fore-end are also MLOK slotted for lights, weights, a QD mount, or whatever else you feel like adding. By comparison, the PRS1 comes with a single sling stud up near the front of the fore-end and that's it. My Atlas is a pic-rail mount and I had to order up a rail mounting fastener set (https://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_n...rer/73-bt1517-rail-mounting-fastener-set.html) and get out the drill. On my brand-new $1300 stock this was a pucker-inducing operation that saw me measure 3 or 4 times before working up the nerve to drill the hole.

There's a compartment inside the grip of the Bravo for keeping tools or whatnot. The back-end comes out of the box with a ramped underside but for literally $10 you can buy a different cover that turns that area into a hook-style underside if that's what you prefer. The Bravo is stiffer, hands down. Because the barreled action sits in a full-length aluminum backbone/chassis, you get far less side to side bending/movement of the stock relative to the barrel then you do using the same pressure on the PRS1. And I'm not saying that the PRS1 is floppy or weak; it's not. It's just that the Bravo is noticeably stiffer. I also happen to like the tool-less cheek piece adjustment on the Bravo (PRS1 requires an allen key). Makes it easier for someone to try my rifle and get a good sight picture.

Overall, the Bravo just gives you more choices and comes with more accessories. Does it look as good? No, it doesn't, but that's where the disadvantages end. When my rifle got here. I realized I had to order up the pic rail mounting kit, then mount up the bipod. If I ever decide to go arca-rail, I'm going to have to order up more fasteners, whip out the drill again, and my OCD hopes that I can reuse the two holes currently in the bottom of the PRS1. The same operation on the Bravo is nothing more than ordering up an arca rail and bolting it on.

When the Bravo got here, it took my 11 year old son and I (it's his rifle) more time to read the instructions than it did to remove the barreled action from the OEM stock and transfer everything over to the Bravo. Took us maybe 5 minutes to play with spacers to set his LOP and we were done.

Am I going to sell the PRS1 and get a Bravo for my rifle? No. I have the PRS1 set up the way I want it right now and as such it gets the job done. If both systems were exactly the same price, I would pick the Bravo every single time. But The fact that I can get almost 4 Bravos for the price of the PRS1 is a tub of chocolate icing on the cake.

Reactions: sharris09
    I started with a KRG Xray and really felt like I was missing out on not having a manners. Got a T4 which didn’t fit me that great so I got an EH1A which was nice but I was surprised that it wasn’t that much better than the Xray.

So I was then convinced I needed a PRS1 and dropped a bunch of money for it. Long story short, I now have a KRG Bravo and am totally happy with it. The cost vs performance difference isn’t worth it IMO.

Plus, I had to send multiple stocks back to Manners due to issues with inletting, etc. They took care of me but it was a big hassle.

Reactions: BillyNg