• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Breaker Morant

Sako man

profesional dilettante
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2012
    Galactic Sector ZZ9 Alpha Xray Plural.
    Ok so I know it's not a new film, nor is it being re released in maxi-whatsy-whoosi-vision. But I just saw this tonight on Netflix and it was great. It's mostly courtroom/political drama. It it's based on the true story of an Australian officer who was fighting in the Boar War for the British around the turn of the century in South Africa.

Yes the trailer is a little cheesy in an 80's context and sense, don't discount this film however. It really gets you thinking about morality durning time of war. Well acted and shot.

Breaker Morant 1981 Trailer.mp4 - YouTube

Breaker Morant (1980) - IMDb

It it's based on the true story of an Australian officer who was fighting in the Boar War for the British around the turn of the century in South Africa.

Come on man, they weren't hunting pigs down there - it's "Boer" Sounds like "boo-er", Nederlands/Afrikaans for "farmer" ;)

Great movie, and very well done. Haven't seen it in years, but wouldn't mind getting a copy if it's out on DVD or Blueray.

Edward Woodward in some of his best work! It is a great movie...I highly recommend it if you've not had the pleasure!

Haven't seen this in years, but it was a fantastic movie. Same production timeframe (though not quite as good) was Gallipoli with a pretty young Mel Gibson.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Yessir. I think highly of both movies and though my wife has never seen either if you asked her to name two war movies Breaker Morant and Gallipoli would be the first out of her mouth due to me referencing them so many times over the years.

Yessir. I think highly of both movies and though my wife has never seen either if you asked her to name two war movies Breaker Morant and Gallipoli would be the first out of her mouth due to me referencing them so many times over the years.

Breaker Morant also had Jack Thompson in it... who had a relatively small part in one of my favorite movies of all time: The Man from Snowy River.

Another Aussie independent that was just brilliant at every level...

"...and everything else that's mine."

Cheers,

Sirhr

Haven't seen this in years, but it was a fantastic movie. Same production timeframe (though not quite as good) was Gallipoli with a pretty young Mel Gibson.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Gallipoli, another one I should see if Netflix has, excellent ending and along the same lines as Breaker Morant, not a happy ending. I recommend Beneath Hill 60 another Aussie film about WWI and not happy, based on a true story.