• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BREAKING: CO Supreme Court rules 2013 "hi-cap" mag ban constitutional.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • smiley_freak.gif
    smiley_freak.gif
    smiley_freak.gif

How is it fucking "constitutional" when contemporary law enforcement and military forces all have access to 30 round magazines and routinely uses them? The Constitution and the 2nd Amendment in particular is about checks and balances between the state and it's constituents...

GettyImages-51301085.jpg

DENVER - SEPTEMBER 13: A Colt AR-15, now legal with a bayonet mount, flash suppressor, collapsible stock and a high capacity magazine that holds more than 30 rounds, sits on the counter of Dave's Guns September 13, 2004 in Denver, Colorado. Between 1994 and September 13, 2004 these guns could only be sold to law enforcement and military but now it is legal for civilians to purchase them due to the expiration of the Brady Bill. (Photo by Thomas Cooper/Getty Images)

----------
    DENVER (KDVR) — The Colorado Supreme Court ruled Monday that a law banning gun magazines that hold more than 15 rounds is Constitutional.

The Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (RMGO) filed the lawsuit, stating that the law violates a person’s state constitutional right to bear arms.
    ----------

More at linked article above...

...did you really expect anything else out of Colorado?....

Back in the "good old" (pre-COVID) days, law abiding gun owners find shit like this to be a PITA, because we are law abiding...

After the nursing home fiasco, the riots, the brick pallets, and all the other fuckery that has gone on the last 3 months, I don't think what any governing entity "rules" mean shit anymore... I say to our Colorado Patriots to keep on truckin' and continue bringing in the 30 rounders and D-60s... Fuck those slimy Democrat pieces of shit.

One more thing to make my blood pressure higher now. Maybe I'll just have an aneurism and not have to worry about this shit anymore......

One more thing to make my blood pressure higher now. Maybe I'll just have an aneurism and not have to worry about this shit anymore......

Nah man, you take care of yourself brother... You got a loving and kickass wife who saved your life and you got a family.

The "laws" are about to become as meaningless as all the shit littering the platforms of NYC subway stations very shortly. The party hasn't begun yet and you need to stay healthy...

Shoot man, come on out.

We have some amazing views, tasty eats, and awesome beers.

Been here a long time.
    IF I had an AR, I would probably have a dozen or more standard-capacity mags for each one.

Most of us ignore that crap and just live our lives.
    Funny how so many magpul mags have their stamped in “born” date ground off around here.....

Shoot man, come on out.

Been here a long time.
    IF I had an AR, I would probably have a dozen or more standard-capacity mags for each one.

Funny how so many magpul mags have their stamped in “born” date ground off around here.....
    Well I'd be coming out less for the views, eats, and beers and more for-- Ahem. Well, anyway, box mags aren't OK but my Pedersoli Lightning's tube is. Or at least it's not covered by the law, so...

But out-of-state travel is always a concern for me. It's one thing to ignore it when you're there, it's another to ignore it when you're going through the airport with a rifle.

There are some rural communities where sanity remains, but there is not much economic opportunity in many of the rural areas.

Welp. There go some of my plans for visiting Colorado.
    Shoot man, come on out.

Been here a long time.

I think his point was that he doesn’t want to spend his hard earned money touring in a state that goes against his 2A beliefs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

From what I’ve been told, nobody is enforcing it out here anyway.

Yeah but companies that sell and produce the crap won’t sell or ship there.

I think his point was that he doesn’t want to spend his hard earned money touring in a state that goes against his 2A beliefs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yeah but companies that sell and produce the crap won’t sell or ship there.
    Nah 'cause I don't mind visiting places that go against that, including Washington (state and DC). It's more that I don't want to get kicked out of the state or wind up in court or some shit. I like not being concerned that my background check won't come back clean.

Reactions: powdahound76
    I'm pretty sure noone in Colorado cares; just like they didn't care when the mag ban was put in place.

And by care, I don't mean feels. I mean actually abide by the restriction.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    I'm pretty sure noone in Colorado cares; just like they didn't care when the mag ban was put in place.

And by care, I don't mean feels. I mean actually abide by the restriction.

Neither did New Yorkers regarding the SAFE Act either. Albany ordered all "assault rifles" to be registered or turned in.

The response they received???

AHAHAHAHAHAHA suck a dick...

Reactions: BCX
    @Son of Dorn - i hear ya. I always keep my nose clean too.
    Not into dealing with the courts.
    Bring an AR. No mags.

Borrow a few from, um, a friend I know who has a couple boxes full.
    Either pmags or GI mags with magpul followers available for loan.

We will see, but I am looking to jet in a few years when my shared custody is up.
    Im tired of the crowds and leftists.

@Son of Dorn - i hear ya. I always keep my nose clean too.
    Not into dealing with the courts.
    Bring an AR. No mags.

Borrow a few from, um, a friend I know who has a couple boxes full.
    Either pmags or GI mags with magpul followers available for loan.

We will see, but I am looking to jet in a few years when my shared custody is up.
    Im tired of the crowds and leftists.
    Well that'd work fine. Or I'll just buy a bunch of extra 15-rounders for my M14 since that's what I'm more concerned about versus any AR. If they'd increase the round limit to 20, that'd be OK, lol. I only have 20s for my AR, anyway.

Reactions: powdahound76
    It's all up to you.
    It is, but it's also just a lot easier right now to say "I'm gonna go to Colorado" than it is to go get on a plane and fly there, lol, what with the covid restrictions n shit. And a road trip is just plain out of the question!

Did anybody read the decision? They deferred the 2A constitutionality and only focused on narrow constraints of the argument to the Colorado Constitution,

" We emphasize that the Second Amendment applies with full force in Colorado and our legislature may not enact any law in contravention of it. But Plaintiffs have challenged HB 1224 only under the Colorado Constitution. Reviewing that claim, we conclude today that the legislation passes state constitutional muster. Because Plaintiffs do not challenge HB 1224 under the Second Amendment, we do not address whether the legislation runs afoul of the federal constitution. That separate question is simply not before us."

I refer you to : https://kdvr.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/06/CO-SupCo.pdf . I might also suggest that the argument may not have been drafted to argue the point correct as there is a hint of that in the beginning of the decision. It reads, sort of, as a 'good home and make a better argument' grade.

I was in Colorado a couple years ago. I absolutely love Colorado, it’s my probably my favorite State, the western slope at least. My friend I was visiting took me to some of the gun shops in town, they still had standard cap mags hanging on the wall.

I own several mags purchased prior to the asinine draconian law taking effect. Several have required replacement parts due to the heavy use I put them through.

That being said, there are numerous “parts kits” available for purchase to keep my old worn out legal mags running efficiently & correctly.

Just an FYI...

AvsFan:coffee:

smiley_freak.gif
    smiley_freak.gif
    smiley_freak.gif

How is it fucking "constitutional" when contemporary law enforcement and military forces all have access to 30 round magazines and routinely uses them? The Constitution and the 2nd Amendment in particular is about checks and balances between the state and it's constituents...

GettyImages-51301085.jpg

DENVER - SEPTEMBER 13: A Colt AR-15, now legal with a bayonet mount, flash suppressor, collapsible stock and a high capacity magazine that holds more than 30 rounds, sits on the counter of Dave's Guns September 13, 2004 in Denver, Colorado. Between 1994 and September 13, 2004 these guns could only be sold to law enforcement and military but now it is legal for civilians to purchase them due to the expiration of the Brady Bill. (Photo by Thomas Cooper/Getty Images)

----------
    DENVER (KDVR) — The Colorado Supreme Court ruled Monday that a law banning gun magazines that hold more than 15 rounds is Constitutional.

The Rocky Mountain Gun Owners (RMGO) filed the lawsuit, stating that the law violates a person’s state constitutional right to bear arms.
    ----------

More at linked article above...
    First time in 138 years has there been any gun restrictions in this state. What do you expect from a SC appointed be Dem Govs...

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Since I brought up the idea of going out to Colorado, I actually probably should ask.

How do bans like this affect out-of-state people/visitors/travelers? Not just in CO, I mean in general across the US. I bought my mags in a state without restrictions on capacity and whatnot, so am I still breaking some law/ruling/ordinance if I bring the mags with me for my personal use and temporary controlled loan to an in-state resident (in other words letting him try out my gun with said magazine loaded) and take them right back home with me when I'm done?

Because this is what Wikipedia reads about that exact question regarding Colorado: Colorado's large capacity magazine ban is silent on non-residents visiting Colorado while in possession of magazines that meet the state's LCM ban criteria, provided the LCMs are for personal use, and the individual had lawfully obtained the LCMs according to the laws of his or her home state.

This is why MagPul pulled up stakes in CO and moved to Texas.
    CO is too full of Cali's.

Fuck them,...an those that try an enforce this B/S,..The enforcers are no better than the fucks who passed an ruled on this. The COTUS is the law of the land, not political motivated fucks no matter their feel good titles. The time for push back is here,...

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Full capacity magazines have been outlawed in Denver for a long time. However if you do not stop in Denver for any reason, you can drive through there with them in your vehicle. It’s when you stop for gas in Denver that can create a problem for yourself. It’s best to avoid that area anyway. Up here in Northern Colorado nobody cares. Law enforcement will tack on a charge for a full capacity magazine along with another charge if necessary, but you will not receive any flack for having them anywhere outside of Denver and Boulder.

FWIW RMGO's leader is not popular in the CO gun owner circles for the most part, and was advised to do literally the opposite of what he did...which the courts then literally told him he should have done. It should have been challenged on 2A grounds, NOT on the grounds of the state constitution. C'est la vie.

FWIW RMGO's leader is not popular in the CO gun owner circles for the most part, and was advised to do literally the opposite of what he did...which the courts then literally told him he should have done. It should have been challenged on 2A grounds, NOT on the grounds of the state constitution. C'est la vie.

Now it should be challenged on 2A grounds.

Now it should be challenged on 2A grounds.

Wholeheartedly agree. It worries me that if it's not pushed further that this will be seen as a mandate to either start attempting to enforce the existing idiotic law, or push further more restrictive legislation given CO's current and likely future political situation.

Reactions: Aries256
    I’m gonna speculate that this would have never happened if Magpul didn’t hq in Boulder of all places.

Wholeheartedly agree. It worries me that if it's not pushed further that this will be seen as a mandate to either start attempting to enforce the existing idiotic law, or push further more restrictive legislation given CO's current and likely future political situation.

Form a group in CO like they did in VA. I bet @Vamike9 can help point you to some folks that might be able to assist. Hopefully groups like 2AF and GOA are already looking at it.

Harleystoo, did you forget Magpul moved to Wyoming as well?
    Its corporate offices are in Austin, TX and production/distribution is in Cheyenne. In other words, they’ll be leaving Austin in about eight years when Texas falls.

And I’m fairly positive all production in Boulder ceased years ago, but you’ll never see me there to check on that. Went there once, didn’t lose anything, no reason to go back.