• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Breaking decap pins on .223...?

1. Decapping rod.....not the pin but the rod that the expander ball is mounted on could be bent.

2. Lot of brass could have flash holes drilled off center.

I've seen both cause similar problems

I use a lee universal decapping die. Haven't had any problems since I switched. The whole rod assembly pushes up instead of breaking. About 10 bucks online. Hope it helps.

I had this issue with some 5.56 crimped brass.
I used a universal decapping die and still had some issues due to small flash holes and crimps.
So I started to use a "L.E. Wilson Decapping Punch", around $10.
I can be a little time consuming but goes pretty quick once you get the hang of using it.
It has never bent and removed every crimped primer I've tried it on.
I also got one for military .308 brass with crimped primers which also gave me problems in a standard die.

I had this issue with some 5.56 crimped brass.
I used a universal decapping die and still had some issues due to small flash holes and crimps.
So I started to use a "L.E. Wilson Decapping Punch", around $10.
I can be a little time consuming but goes pretty quick once you get the hang of using it.
It has never bent and removed every crimped primer I've tried it on.
I also got one for military .308 brass with crimped primers which also gave me problems in a standard die.

I decap all my brass this way. Except pistol. I am THAT guy who doesn't like to get my press ram contaminated with spent primer residue. I want a lifetime of service from my T-7 press. J

when you have to pull the handle harder than usual, STOP. It means something is wrong, check what is going on, using force only create more problems than it solves.

i did have 1 brand on nato brass, no idea what it was now, but the flash holes were so small it would jam, or break the pins... and u could not pull them out... i tossed all the brass..