• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

British Petroleum ROV - Video Live Feed

Re: British Petroleum ROV - Video Live Feed

Interesting.

I don't know much about the technology involved in capping a leak at five thousand feet below the surface, but I'm betting that few others do as well, and that trying to plug a leak that far down is only a hail-mary stop-gap measure until a new hole can be drilled to alleviate the pressure.

I have spoken with friends who have worked putting out fires and capping oil wells, and this is what I think the investigation will eventually come down to: Who made the decision to call the fire boats and permit them to pump water onto the stricken rig?

After the rig exploded, and the oil was burning on the surface, why have fire boats pump large quantities of water onto a floating platform? Doing that may have extingusihed the flames, but it also likely flooded the rig and sank it. And that's probably when the environmental disaster really began.

The video feed has been of the constant gush of oil & natural gas. At least they are doing something today.

The issue does not end, if they are able to stop the leak. There is still 30+ days of oil in the Gulf.

BP's version of Baghdad Bob says that the results of the "Top Kill" effort cannot be expected for up to 2 days.

leak.jpg

There's a sign up by the curb, not far from our house. It says:

<span style="font-weight: bold">BP</span> = <span style="font-weight: bold">B</span><span style="color: #FF0000">loody</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">P</span><span style="color: #FF0000">athetic</span>

I figure that it about sums things up nicely.

Everything BP is doing is just to spread disinformation and make it look like it's doing something. The only way this will be fixed is to drill the relief well and plug it. Other then that everything else is an experiment.

One other thing inserting the oil dispersant into the oil stream at the blow out point is keeping the majority of the oil below the surface of the ocean to fool the public that not much oil is spilling into the gulf. When this oil actually starts to come on land, can you say first hurricane, it will make the Exxon thing look like a drop in the bucket. What is showing up now is nothing compared to what will show up later, this is long from over.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HateCA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everything BP is doing is just to spread disinformation and make it look like it's doing something. The only way this will be fixed is to drill the relief well and plug it. Other then that everything else is an experiment.

One other thing inserting the oil dispersant into the oil stream at the blow out point is keeping the majority of the oil below the surface of the ocean to fool the public that not much oil is spilling into the gulf. When this oil actually starts to come on land, can you say first hurricane, it will make the Exxon thing look like a drop in the bucket. What is showing up now is nothing compared to what will show up later, this is long from over.
</div></div>

ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!!!!! and what I've been saying since the beginning. Preach on,,,

Dispersants are a Toxic band-aid on a compound-complicated broken leg. If we pretend it's not there, maybe it'll go away. "Oh, look at the pretty birdie...."

((BP is adding a whole new definition to the recipe "Blackened Shrimp"))